• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Watchtime hours are a JOKE!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I've done my research and 4000hrs watch time hours is 240,000minutes
What a joke!!

Moved to YouTube discussions since this is about the watch hours required for partnership on YouTube. Please read thread descriptions.

That said I think it makes sense to be more difficult, because when everyone was in YT got in more trouble and caused problems for everyone.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
A joke as too little or a joke as too much?

Last edited:

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It makes sense though... ultimately your goal should not be to just get monetized. If it is, you'll be disappointed with how much you make once you do and possibly give up.

I forget who did it, but someone calculated that you would only earn approximately $160 USD (it was a US based channel) for those first 4,000 watch hours. While that may be a good chunk of money for some, it obviously does not come close to even being minimum wage.

It is a lot of hours for sure, but it is fair and separates those who may not take YouTube so seriously from those who do.

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Exactly all that hard graft work $160 it's a massive joke! Googles little brother is a massive joke!

• Sad
Reactions: Damon

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
How about flipping your thinking?
You're obviously driven by making Money and not the Viewer or the Game, so how about this...

You obv CAN'T be monetised on Youtube with Adsense before 1000/4000. BUT. You can get monetised on Adsense. So why not start a Blog about your Videos. Embed the Videos into your Blog. And run Adsense Banner Ads on your Blog Posts.
Getting traffic to a blog post is no different to getting traffic to a Youtube Video. it's all SEO, Tags and Metadata. And in fact, actually HELPS your YouTube Videos further down the road. For example, about 20-30% of my Views on my YT are External. As in, my Blog Posts give me 30% of my YouTube traffic. Anywhere between 5000-8000 views a week come from my Blog.

So instead of waiting for the 1000/4000 on YT and start earning Now!
PS... Affiliates can also earn you money before 1000/4000.
PPS... I was earning money long before I qualified for the Partner Program on YT

sleeping

[QUOTE =“ Steve the Barman,帖子:84061,成员:32826”]
如何翻转您的想法?
显然,您是由赚钱驱动的,而不是由查看器或游戏驱动的,所以呢...

在1000/4000之前,您无法通过Adsense在Youtube上获利。但。您可以在Adsense上获利。那么,为什么不创建一个有关您的视频的博客。将视频嵌入到您的博客中。并在您的博客文章上运行Adsense横幅广告。
吸引博客帖子的流量与吸引YouTube视频的流量没有什么不同。全部是SEO,标签和元数据。实际上,实际上,这有助于进一步发展您的YouTube视频。例如,我在YouTube上的“视图”中约有20-30%是“外部”。在这种情况下,我的博客帖子为我提供了30%的YouTube流量。我的博客每周有5000-8000次浏览。

因此,您不必等待YT上的1000/4000并开始赚钱!
PS ...会员也可以在1000/4000之前赚钱。
PPS ...我很早就赚钱了,然后才有资格参加YT合作伙伴计划
[/引用]
This is a very good suggestion. So the question is, if the reading volume of blog is very low, how to increase the reading volume?

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
You're obviously driven by making Money and not the Viewer or the Game, so how about this...

You obv CAN'T be monetised on Youtube with Adsense before 1000/4000. BUT. You can get monetised on Adsense. So why not start a Blog about your Videos. Embed the Videos into your Blog. And run Adsense Banner Ads on your Blog Posts.
Getting traffic to a blog post is no different to getting traffic to a Youtube Video. it's all SEO, Tags and Metadata. And in fact, actually HELPS your YouTube Videos further down the road. For example, about 20-30% of my Views on my YT are External. As in, my Blog Posts give me 30% of my YouTube traffic. Anywhere between 5000-8000 views a week come from my Blog.

PPS... I was earning money long before I qualified for the Partner Program on YT
Raith I don't care about the money! Never interested me, I care about the people who try and try and get nowhere, then go seeking advice from people who claim to be pros then get stuck then they buy software and still get stuck! These tips are brilliant but it's not about money it's about fairness!

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Raith I don't care about the money! Never interested me, I care about the people who try and try and get nowhere, then go seeking advice from people who claim to be pros then get stuck then they buy software and still get stuck! These tips are brilliant but it's not about money it's about fairness!

It's all fair! Every single one of us starts at 0. Zero Subs. Zero Views.
Some people work, learn and want to continually improve themselves. Others expect to upload 10 Videos and magically end up with 1000 Subs and 4000 Hours.

It's no different to anything in life! You want to run the fastest 100m at the Olympics?! That journey starts 10 years before you make it. IF you make it. People sell you a better coach. People sell you faster Running Shoes. People Sell you Energy Bars and better Nutrition. But at the end of the day, the ONLY way you make it, is if you work harder, train longer and put more effort in than your rivals...and also end up with a little bit of Luck along the way.

You want a Number 1 selling Music Album. Again, that journey starts LONG before the end result. And again a bit of Luck. You want to be a Manger or the CEO ofa Business. More than likely you start at the very bottom, rely on 10+ Promotions...or switch Companies every few years to get those promotions.

YouTube is Not Easy. BUT. every single person who uploads their first video has exactly the same opportunities as everyone around the planet. YT doesn't discriminate. it doesn't look at a Channel and think, nah, not you mate.
but there is a reason why only something like 3% of all Channels on YT end up with over 100k subs. And that's all down to the effort they put in. I KNOW I'll get 100,000 subs, But I also know it won't be 2020, and probably not 2021. But that's cool, because that is Life.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro

Thanks for sharing this info Steve, we're in the process of getting our own blog up and running now to do exactly this and it is reassuring to see the hard work can potentially pay off.

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
It's all fair! Every single one of us starts at 0. Zero Subs. Zero Views.
Some people work, learn and want to continually improve themselves. Others expect to upload 10 Videos and magically end up with 1000 Subs and 4000 Hours.

It's no different to anything in life! You want to run the fastest 100m at the Olympics?! That journey starts 10 years before you make it. IF you make it. People sell you a better coach. People sell you faster Running Shoes. People Sell you Energy Bars and better Nutrition. But at the end of the day, the ONLY way you make it, is if you work harder, train longer and put more effort in than your rivals...and also end up with a little bit of Luck along the way.

You want a Number 1 selling Music Album. Again, that journey starts LONG before the end result. And again a bit of Luck. You want to be a Manger or the CEO ofa Business. More than likely you start at the very bottom, rely on 10+ Promotions...or switch Companies every few years to get those promotions.

YouTube is Not Easy. BUT. every single person who uploads their first video has exactly the same opportunities as everyone around the planet. YT doesn't discriminate. it doesn't look at a Channel and think, nah, not you mate.
but there is a reason why only something like 3% of all Channels on YT end up with over 100k subs. And that's all down to the effort they put in. I KNOW I'll get 100,000 subs, But I also know it won't be 2020, and probably not 2021. But that's cool, because that is Life.
I agree it's a journey (I feel your bit annoyed) but I hate trying to type everything out, so I apologize if I have caused rage. its prospective I guess I can't put into words about money, and not having any etc etc but hey ho I've got enough info for another video :) many thanks

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I agree it's a journey (I feel your bit annoyed) but I hate trying to type everything out, so I apologize if I have caused rage. its prospective I guess I can't put into words about money, and not having any etc etc but hey ho I've got enough info for another video :) many thanks

Haha, nah I don't do annoyed! I'm a Cocktail Barman! I'm a lover, not a fighter! :kissing_heart:
But throughout the various Forums & Groups I'm in, I see 10-50 people a day with the same story. People think YT life is easy. It isn't.

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
For my channel reaching 1000 subscribers was a much larger challenge and took far longer than reaching 4k hours. According to my analytic I had around 182 subs when I reached 4k hours. Took me almost two years from there to reach 1000 subs.
Its difficult either way the grind is real, YouTube want us to be committed and grind and understand

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Haha, nah I don't do annoyed! I'm a Cocktail Barman! I'm a lover, not a fighter! :kissing_heart:
But throughout the various Forums & Groups I'm in, I see 10-50 people a day with the same story. People think YT life is easy. It isn't.
On a slightly off topic note, I subbed to you Barman, your content looks very useful for me, I definitely need some cocktail making skills

DonΓÇÖt mind me, IΓÇÖm just adding my 37 cents, I think the hours are reasonable but also a bit out of reach for those that really do want to reach it, like everyone says, itΓÇÖs not for the impatient creator, or those hoping to get their big break from doing very little with their content, so many people treat YouTube like itΓÇÖs some get rich quick scheme, not realizing itΓÇÖs A LOT of work to get to the 1000 subs and 4000 hours milestones, and even when a creator reaches these, itΓÇÖs not like theyΓÇÖll instantly find themselves in a Bruce Wayne type of mansion living a rock star lifestyle (minus the drugs of course), you want a comfortable income being a content creator, itΓÇÖs gonna take A LOT more than just 1000 subs and 4000 hours, in short, even YouTube wonΓÇÖt pay up for lazy asses!

• Love
Reactions: Steve the Barman

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry, man, but you're thinking small. Forget 4,000 watch hours. Concentrate on making 1000+ videos that are well SEO, awesome thumbnails, and produce videos that capture and hold people's attention based on known motion picture and television production methods, and you will go way past a little 4,000 hours. Strategically you aren't thinking in a way that will bring long-term success.

Last edited: