• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Thumbnail confusion

Col44

Screenshot_20200529-074700.png
Hi People, thumbnail dilemma, my channel centres around Gundogs/Bird-dogs and the training etc of them. Up until now my thumbnails have centred around a photo or screen grab of the Dogs with a line or two of blurb.
Would it be better to
A/ continue in similar style
B/ go bright and flashy colours,no dogs, eye catching like a Brian G Johnston style.
C/a photo of Me with a blurb description
Screenshot_20200529-074700.png

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ironically your question has the solution to your inquiry in it. You are asking if you should try A or B. TubeBuddy has a feature in its subscription plan called A/B Testing which allows you to test different thumbnails on the same video to see which one gets better analytics plus it can also help test other things like different titles, tags and descriptions. Granted it's in the Legend tier, the most expensive tier, but it's worth it. But you can still accomplish this without TubeBuddy by manually changing the thumbnail at certain intervals and watching how your video stats change. TubeBuddy simply makes it easier to switch the thumbnails (and other sections) at preset intervals and collects the data for you which it then provides a comprehensive analysis of the different thumbnails.