• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question how to make people subscribe after watching the video?

joerigh

Subscriber Goal
my 2nd video on my channel have more view time then my 1st video
the problem is.. people only watch the video without subscribe not event like or comment

the question is, how to make people start to subscribe after watching my video?
is there any strategy to make it happen?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, the first thing I can say is that you can't make anyone do anything. Ppl will choose to watch the video, like it, comment, and subscribe if they want to. You need to give people reasons to want to watch, like, comment, and subscribe. Good content to keep them watching and coming back for more, casual reminder to like and subscribe, ask questions that can lead to potential comments on the video. Also take into account your channel is new with only a handful of videos. This is taken into account by viewers considering if to subscribe or not. Think of it this way, how do you evaluate a channel before deciding to subscribe or not? Now consider how everyone else might do the same.

Reactions: joerigh

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have a few viewers that watch and comment on every vid... been seeing them on the channel for a couple years... and they will not subscribe.
There is nothing you can do to make them. Some will, some won't.

Reactions: BraveStar

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Life Lesson: You can't make people do anything. Every dictator in history has tried and failed. The same wisdom applies here. You can't make people subscribe.

Lesson Two: People have a sixth sense when it comes to true intentions. If they sense that all you care about is making them subscribe, they won't.

Lesson Three: Are you worth subscribing to? If you're not worth subscribing to, they won't.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Life Lesson: You can't make people do anything. Every dictator in history has tried and failed. The same wisdom applies here. You can't make people subscribe.

Lesson Two: People have a sixth sense when it comes to true intentions. If they sense that all you care about is making them subscribe, they won't.

Lesson Three: Are you worth subscribing to? If you're not worth subscribing to, they won't.

Really great points! I'd also add people are more likely to subscribe after watching more than one video. Think of it like a date, if you're on the first video and bombearding someone with SUBSCRIBe it's like asking someone to get married on the first date.... kind of uncomfortable haha! HOWEVER, with more practice you can earn their trust and build that relationship!

• Love
Reactions: BraveStar and Damon
OP
OP
joerigh

joerigh

Subscriber Goal
Well, the first thing I can say is that you can't make anyone do anything. Ppl will choose to watch the video, like it, comment, and subscribe if they want to. You need to give people reasons to want to watch, like, comment, and subscribe. Good content to keep them watching and coming back for more, casual reminder to like and subscribe, ask questions that can lead to potential comments on the video. Also take into account your channel is new with only a handful of videos. This is taken into account by viewers considering if to subscribe or not. Think of it this way, how do you evaluate a channel before deciding to subscribe or not? Now consider how everyone else might do the same.
it seems like I have to start creating content that makes people curious and original
the problem is people make a new content every day
im afraid if the viewer say that I'm "plagiarism" of other people's content

OP
OP
joerigh

joerigh

Subscriber Goal

Not as much as you'd think. You are not those other people. If you just let your personality led, you'll have a different bent or outlook that is different enough from the others that people will begin to see your content as original.

good point
in this case I am not referring to others
I pointed to myself a long time ago
when I just love watching other people's content without wanting to sub the channel

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, you don't need to be a subscriber to come back to a channel frequently :p

I have a handful of channels that I know of that I'll watch from time to time, depending on what series they were doing, but I won't subscribe because I'm not interested in their other content. Plus, YouTube keeps recommending the series I'm watching from them so I'll still see their videos even if I'm not subbed.

That being said, what @Damon and @Andrew said are solid advice :D

• Haha
Reactions: Damon and joerigh