• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Progress on YouTube

Small Online Income

Subscriber Goal
I would be interested to know when people felt they were starting to make progress with there channels,what that progress was, and how long it took

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My momentum started when I started making content I was passionate about. Jurassic World was being released, I loved dinosaurs, so I started making dinosaur content and a lot of others wanted to watch. About 30 videos and 2ish months before that, I had no catalogue so I was focused on simply building content, seeing what would work, and trying differant topics. I do art, so I was testing differant thumbs, skulls, tattoo designs, all sorts of things, then I drew my first T rex and BOOM, subscribers and views.

My passion lays with dinosaurs, Trex is popular and lots of others wanted to watch that, so I found my niche and my people :)

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Progress happens every day, but for us, it was when YouTube picked up one of our smaller niched videos in search... was a really nice feeling at the time.

OP
OP
Small Online Income

Small Online Income

Subscriber Goal
My momentum started when I started making content I was passionate about. Jurassic World was being released, I loved dinosaurs, so I started making dinosaur content and a lot of others wanted to watch. About 30 videos and 2ish months before that, I had no catalogue so I was focused on simply building content, seeing what would work, and trying differant topics. I do art, so I was testing differant thumbs, skulls, tattoo designs, all sorts of things, then I drew my first T rex and BOOM, subscribers and views.

My passion lays with dinosaurs, Trex is popular and lots of others wanted to watch that, so I found my niche and my people :)
I'm quiet new, an for next several months just focus on content an see what works an doesn't work. Im no YouTube professional so the hope is il get better as I go along..... But it's only been 5 weeks and I'm not currently able to focus full time on it,so it's currently a side project which I will look to be making gradual progress with, but I have been encouraged by the start made......all channels have to start somewhere

Progress happens every day, but for us, it was when YouTube picked up one of our smaller niched videos in search... was a really nice feeling at the time.
Iv been able to generate some subs via my Facebook group/Twitter/insta.....but like the channel they are all very young as well. I'm only 5 weeks in to the channel,it's very new but everyone has to start somewhere

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Literally, January this year was when the penny dropped of how to do this properly and my Views and Subs Climbed. It took me from 2017 to August 2019 (2 years) of posting regularly to get me that 1000 Subs and 4K Watch Time. Sitting at roughly 5000 views per week from July 2019 to Mid January 2020. Then as I say, then Penny Dropped in January...and actually a bit of Luck!

The Bit of Luck was that a Video on my Channel now SMASHES it on Google Search. So I get roughly 12,000 views per week alone from that Video in a Google Search...NOT YouTube Search.
The Penny Dropping was actually working out exactly what Tags to Target and the type of content to create. For me, it's not as simple as using TubeBuddy's Keyword Research Tool. In fact, It's really of no use for my channel. It doesn't really find me the opportunities. I can get a general feeling, but NOT Titles/Tags that will rock it. So when I learned how to do my own Keyword Research and read between the lines, that's when it's all exploded from me.

The last 4-5 months! Well over 3 years in to my channel.

I'm now sitting at 30,000 views a week and roughly bring in between 30-50 Subs a Day. And Each Weekend sees a Higher Peak in Views.
Through lots of Trial and Error over the Last 4 Months, I now have a clear Path forward of WHAT exact Videos...and Titles to Hit. But it's taken a very long time to get to this point!

Reactions: Travel Interesante