• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Newbie!

Ajifa

Hello, Content Creators! I'm a newbie to YouTube And Tubebuddy and just want to know how y'all have made your channel successful in views & subs. What strategies can I use to grow my channel? I would be so glad to get any help from here. Thank you.

Reactions: Alex Gioca

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Ajifa,

The most basic strategies I can give is to be patient. Growing a channel takes time. Be persistent. Keep making videos and learn from each experience. Take your time. Creating content should be an enjoyable process, not a rushed one. Create content ppl want to see. It's OK to make content you like but take into account that audience you want your content for. Is it for you or someone else? When you watch someone else videos that you enjoy do you believe they created the content for you or for themselves? One extremely important part of good content is audio. The better the audio the better the chances the video will get more views. It takes time to become an adult, to earn a degree and even to learn to cook. This also applies to growing a channel. Persist, learn, adjust and repeat.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Ajifa,

The most basic strategies I can give is to be patient. Growing a channel takes time. Be persistent. Keep making videos and learn from each experience. Take your time. Creating content should be an enjoyable process, not a rushed one. Create content ppl want to see. It's OK to make content you like but take into account that audience you want your content for. Is it for you or someone else? When you watch someone else videos that you enjoy do you believe they created the content for you or for themselves? One extremely important part of good content is audio. The better the audio the better the chances the video will get more views. It takes time to become an adult, to earn a degree and even to learn to cook. This also applies to growing a channel. Persist, learn, adjust and repeat.
Great advice BraveStarr.
Jessica

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Definitely patience, but there are ways to engage with small youtubers through Facebook groups. Don't use the sub4sub groups through! They are spammy and will unsubscribe just as fast as they subscribe.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Ground Zero - Pick a Niche that you LOVE and stick to it!
1 - LEARN the SEO side of YouTube. The research, the tagging, how to write titles.
2 - LEARN how to create Awesome Thumbnails
3 - Be Consistent. Pick a Day, upload a Video Every Week on that Day. If you can handle 2-3 videos a week, do that! 1 = Slow growth
4 - Never Judge anything till you hit 100-120 Videos. You may be lucky and Pop before that, but the vast majority don't. I took off on Video 237! And Didn't really hit the levels I am now until Video 310 ish.
5 - Think about and get your Income streams in place early doors. Adsense can't happen until the 1000/4000...BUT Affiliates, Courses, Patreon CAN Happen NOW!!
6 - Get Started with Basic Equipment, then slowly upgrade. Camera, Audio, Lighting etc - Maybe even the PC you Edit on to make it faster.
7 - Constantly improve your Editing Skills.
8 - Vow to learn ONE new thing every week and execute it.
9 - Never compete with other Channels....ONLY YOURSELF!
10 - Be EPIC on Camera! Make every Video appearance better than the last. Improve your confidence week on week
11 - DON'T GIVE UP

This is not a 10 day, 2 month, 8 months, 18 months quick win. A lot of us will have been at it years. This is year 4 for me. I love it now as much as I did 3 years ago. Am I huge??! NOPE. 4000k Subs, 30,000 Views a Week. BUT... I know I get more views a week than some channels who are still uploading now that have 50,000 Subs!! And I know I make a damn sight more £££ ROI than them too because my income streams were in place long before I was monetised! I now have a 18-month goal to be Full Time on YouTube....i set my sights on December 2021 to close my main Business. But with hard work, I think that could actually happen a year Early! Still with less than 10,000 Subs! VANITY is INSANITY. The ONLY thing that matters is getting the Views. Not Sub Counts!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
1 - LEARN the SEO side of YouTube. The research, the tagging, how to write titles.
3 - Be Consistent. Pick a Day, upload a Video Every Week on that Day. If you can handle 2-3 videos a week, do that! 1 = Slow growth
4 - Never Judge anything till you hit 100-120 Videos. You may be lucky and Pop before that, but the vast majority don't. I took off on Video 237! And Didn't really hit the levels I am now until Video 310 ish.
5 - Think about and get your Income streams in place early doors. Adsense can't happen until the 1000/4000...BUT Affiliates, Courses, Patreon CAN Happen NOW!!
6 - Get Started with Basic Equipment, then slowly upgrade. Camera, Audio, Lighting etc - Maybe even the PC you Edit on to make it faster.
10 - Be EPIC on Camera! Make every Video appearance better than the last. Improve your confidence week on week
11 - DON'T GIVE UP

This is not a 10 day, 2 month, 8 months, 18 months quick win. A lot of us will have been at it years. This is year 4 for me. I love it now as much as I did 3 years ago. Am I huge??! NOPE. 4000k Subs, 30,000 Views a Week. BUT... I know I get more views a week than some channels who are still uploading now that have 50,000 Subs!! And I know I make a damn sight more £££ ROI than them too because my income streams were in place long before I was monetised! I now have a 18-month goal to be Full Time on YouTube....i set my sights on December 2021 to close my main Business. But with hard work, I think that could actually happen a year Early! Still with less than 10,000 Subs! VANITY is INSANITY. The ONLY thing that matters is getting the Views. Not Sub Counts!

Great advice! :D

A great place to start with SEO is this playlist:

Reactions: Damon

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
11 - DON'T GIVE UP

Just stumbled across this ,one of the pieces of advice.

VenGame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
the best way is the get high ranking Titles and then wait..... and wait..... and wait

I have been waiting for a year now