• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO How long it take for you to monetize you video?

How long it take before you can monetize your video?

• Less than a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month till 3 months

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My channel has been around so long (2015) that it was monetized then taken away as I didn't have 1000 subscribers. Once I had that goal it took around 10 months. It was a few months into it that I realized I needed to optimize my content and started doing more research instead of just throwing videos on YouTube without any thought.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I started in 2017, but began focusing on fishing content in May 2018. I published weekly content and on January 1st 2019 we hit 400 subscribers. Shortly after we began doing weekly livestreams in addition to our weekly videos, and in May of 2019 we hit 1,000 subscribers and entered the partner program. Summer is big for us, and last summer saw us double our watchtime and views. After some advice from a colleague we discontinued our weekly livestream and instead went to a random monthly livestream and in December hit 2,500 subscribers. Winter was dismal, as expected. We were getting a quarter of our regular viewership, but when COVID happened everything obviously picked up. We doubled-down and began posting content twice per week, and we are now seeing a spike in viewership like we have never seen before. We will be hitting 150,000 views this week and at the rate we are going we will top 250,000 by the end of the year, with expectations for 4,000 subscribers.

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I started in 2017, but began focusing on fishing content in May 2018. I published weekly content and on January 1st 2019 we hit 400 subscribers. Shortly after we began doing weekly livestreams in addition to our weekly videos, and in May of 2019 we hit 1,000 subscribers and entered the partner program. Summer is big for us, and last summer saw us double our watchtime and views. After some advice from a colleague we discontinued our weekly livestream and instead went to a random monthly livestream and in December hit 2,500 subscribers. Winter was dismal, as expected. We were getting a quarter of our regular viewership, but when COVID happened everything obviously picked up. We doubled-down and began posting content twice per week, and we are now seeing a spike in viewership like we have never seen before. We will be hitting 150,000 views this week and at the rate we are going we will top 250,000 by the end of the year, with expectations for 4,000 subscribers.

@Stanley Orchard , I just realized your locale and area of focus is similar to mine. It's awesome to see someone do well in a similar niche. I've subscribed to your channel, and hope to learn from your success. Keep it up!

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man, I just checked out your work. Looking good! Had no idea you were in such close proximity to me. Keep in touch man... and also there are a few of us who tend to work together in the area. I highly suggest checking out the channels listed below, let them know I sent you. We will occasionally collaborate but we also hit each other up for insight on YouTube related stuff... good group of people to get in with! (PS There are others but I didn't want to dump a hundred names on you).

A&J Outdoors (And the A&J Outdoors Live Channel)
Saltwater Hooked
Morales Texas Fishing
We Go Fishing

Reactions: Goode Life Outdoors

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
Man, I just checked out your work. Looking good! Had no idea you were in such close proximity to me. Keep in touch man... and also there are a few of us who tend to work together in the area. I highly suggest checking out the channels listed below, let them know I sent you. We will occasionally collaborate but we also hit each other up for insight on YouTube related stuff... good group of people to get in with! (PS There are others but I didn't want to dump a hundred names on you).

A&J Outdoors (And the A&J Outdoors Live Channel)
Saltwater Hooked
Morales Texas Fishing
We Go Fishing

Many thanks! I will check those channels out, and will be in touch. Cheers!

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My channel was monetized and taken away.. Now I have 1,000 subscribers and about 3,000 hours of watch time so hopefully soon I can reach that goal by the end of the year But you can monetize with affiliate links but I never get sales so i stopped LOL

• Love
Reactions: Nur Shahirah Izarra

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
My channel was monetized and taken away.. Now I have 1,000 subscribers and about 3,000 hours of watch time so hopefully soon I can reach that goal by the end of the year But you can monetize with affiliate links but I never get sales so i stopped LOL
Man I started doing Affiliate Marketing at 250 subscribers. I didn't pull the sales needed and they cancelled me... ended up doing that to me four times over. On my 5th account and pulling 4-5 sales per month. Was it worth it? I think so. I learned a lot about the process early on and it helped me to perfect the marketing that I do now. Worth noting that I did have one video that kicked off $1,000 worth of sales in its first weekend; had I done that video early on I never would have had to redo the account. The moral being it only takes one good video to make your affiliate marketing and all that work worthwhile.

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Man I started doing Affiliate Marketing at 250 subscribers. I didn't pull the sales needed and they cancelled me... ended up doing that to me four times over. On my 5th account and pulling 4-5 sales per month. Was it worth it? I think so. I learned a lot about the process early on and it helped me to perfect the marketing that I do now. Worth noting that I did have one video that kicked off $1,000 worth of sales in its first weekend; had I done that video early on I never would have had to redo the account. The moral being it only takes one good video to make your affiliate marketing and all that work worthwhile.
That is true.. Same thing kinda happen to me.. I was into affiliate marketing and made a website back in like 2014 or so and same thing no sales and they would cancel my account... Did the same thing recently with amazon and same thing happened :worried: It's very discouraging. I know you are right it only takes one video to take off but for me the only money I have ever really made online is from ebay.. My side hustle lol

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Dude I believe that selling products/services is the #1 income resource opportunity with YouTube. It takes perfecting a lot of variables to take a viewer and turn them into a client/customer, but no other platform on the planet has the potential to offer your product to more people with more coverage than YT.

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Dude I believe that selling products/services is the #1 income resource opportunity with YouTube. It takes perfecting a lot of variables to take a viewer and turn them into a client/customer, but no other platform on the planet has the potential to offer your product to more people with more coverage than YT.
You are completely right.. when you have a decent following you can have merch,affiliate links, adsense, your own product..sponsorship the list goes on..

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal

That's a very good point. I don't know how many thousands of dollars of mud motor engines I've sold because of my videos. However, I couldn't worth out a brand deal or affiliate deal with any of them. There was a lot of behind-the-scenes fighting and disagreements between a couple different Thai longtail importers here in the U.S.

I was like, "Forget this. I'll concentrate on inventing & selling my own products."

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yup... seen some similar stuff, though I haven't yet completed the products I plan on putting out.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal

You know it's good to run down the history of a person's channel. Just shows we all grow at different rates and in different ways.

For me I started in 2014. at the time I was miserable at my day job at the chicken shack. Took me about two years to get my first 1,000 subs. 2017 I made a decision to really learn this art of communicating with motion picture. That's when the Juggin'! series started: really trying to make every fishing adventure a true documentary film.

I was doing tutorials and following everyone's advice about that, but it hit me that whenever my audience saw that I was on the water in the thumbnail, that's the video they watched. It hit me that my audience didn't want to watch tutorials. They loved the "high quality" content. High quality content projects something about the way produce the product I've invented. That led to more sales.

The difficulty was how do you produce two or three documentary films per week? You don't. Guys like Matt Guthmiller in his aviation channel only make, what, a couple videos per month? I mean you're literally watching a Travel Channel-level production of him flying around the world in his airplane.

Look at some of these guy crossing the ocean in a sail boat. Same thing. Then I found out about a guy names Andrew St. Pierre White. He is a long time TV personality who build off-road truck then drives them across the world most rugged terrain. He got feed up with TV station and started his own YouTube channel. Took his film class, that helped me as well.

Now I have 7k subs, and the whole thing is growing about the same stinkin' rate as it always has!:laughing: It's been a very long slow process. Some of us are moving through spacetime at a slower rate. It takes Pluto a longer time to get around the sun than Mercury. If I produce three videos in a week, I'll get fewer views compared to one one high quality fishing adventure.

To answer the original question. I already had 1k, 4k before they every started the Partner Program. I didn't even apply for almost four years or something. I still didn't turn on the monetization of my videos for like another year or something. There was steady healthy revenue coming off my Web site and Ebay page form the products that I sold.

Once I did monetize the videos, that was just extra money.

Last edited: