• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered TubeBuddy competition winner chooser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I'm not sure how it works

What I want to do - is run a comp - for an amazing prize that one of the first 100 subscribers to my channel will win.

The TubeBuddy thing - seems to choose a comment [at random] as a winner.

Can that be changed to a subscriber?

Also what if Mr X make thousand comments - will he have 1000 chances to win, compared to Ms Y who only made one comment and only has 1 chance?

Is there anyway to make sure it's a subscriber that wins????? And if not - is there a free program others have used that does this [and is simple, as I am simple, to set up and use]

Thanks

J x

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I haven't used the feature nor do I have any videos with multiple comments from the same person to test it, so I'll defer to someone else if they say otherwise... but my understanding is that it picks a random comment.

This suggests to me that someone that places more comments on the video would indeed benefit from higher probabilities of winning than someone that only commented once.

This is correct, however you always can randomly select again. IT's random so if people comment more than once they're entered more than once, you could also say one entry per person, and anyone found trying to gain the system is disqualified here is a video we have on it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxUlz96c8s

skrach

Subscriber Goal
This would be difficult since only people that set their subscriptions to public even flow through YouTube to your own analytics page. For instance I have 162 subscribers, but because not everyone makes their subscriptions public, I can only see who 24 of them even are.

I guess you could copy and paste that list into excel or something with a second column numbering them then put =randbetween(1,100) into a cell and the subscriber with that number would win. But again, you'd be limited by those subscribers that choose to make their subscriptions public... and all 100 of your first subscribers won't have that information public. So it would limit the pool of potential winners.

The hypothetical example would look this:
1 John
2 Jane
3 Tom
4 Dick
5 Harry

95 private subscribers

=randbetween(1,5) [pretendresult=2=Jane]

95 of the subscribers wouldn't be eligible because their subs are private and you choose a random winner from the five with public subs.

Of course before you do any giveaways at all you need to make sure they comply with local laws and YouTubes community guidelines found here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en.

Maybe in the official rules you need to develop per the guidelines you can specify only this with public subscriptions are eligible to win?

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Ok

I don't want to out subscribers - maybe the winner just needs to prove they are a sub to me?

BUT

how does the tubebuddy pick a comment - if someone comments more than once - do they have more lottery tickets?

Thanks

skrach

Subscriber Goal
I haven't used the feature nor do I have any videos with multiple comments from the same person to test it, so I'll defer to someone else if they say otherwise... but my understanding is that it picks a random comment.

This suggests to me that someone that places more comments on the video would indeed benefit from higher probabilities of winning than someone that only commented once.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Yikes

Not a great way to do it...

If you are correct

Thanks for the help x

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

This is correct, however you always can randomly select again. IT's random so if people comment more than once they're entered more than once, you could also say one entry per person, and anyone found trying to gain the system is disqualified here is a video we have on it:

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Am missing something here. Is there a tool in tubebuddy that can help pick a random person to win the comment of the month or week? Would love to know more about this feature please.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Am missing something here. Is there a tool in tubebuddy that can help pick a random person to win the comment of the month or week? Would love to know more about this feature please.

Please see my message above.

Reactions: Blessing
Status
Not open for further replies.