• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Grammatically incorrect title

Gary L

Hi, I am new here.
In Keyword Explorer, "Smoked Paprika Chicken Oven" scores Good while, "Oven-baked Smoked Paprika Chicken" scores Fair. But, "Smoked Paprika Chicken Oven" is not grammatically correct. Any opinion on which title I should use?

Reactions: BeautyHabitue

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Maybe go for the correct title, but then use the good tag, in the top line of the description.

Reactions: Gary L

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I often face the same thing, and I see some logic in it. When we search for something, we not often use grammatically correct sentences but rather the most straightforward sentence. At least I do like that.
And if I'd love to search for Oven-baked Smoked Paprika Chicken recipe, I'd use exactly "Smoked Paprika Chicken Oven".

Not sure how to deal with that in titles though

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Search terms like that can actually be gold, it's just knowing how to use them. Don't forget you can use separators etc. I can't think properly now, but you can use these kinds of Search Terms like this, as YouTube will read them exactly the same...

Smoked Paprika Chicken | Oven Ready in 30 minutes!
Smoked Paprika Chicken - Oven Cook it for AMAZING Results
Smoked Paprika Chicken | Oven Recipe that TASTES EPIC

Not the best examples I know, but you get the idea anyway.

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Your welcome!

Search terms like that can actually be gold, it's just knowing how to use them. Don't forget you can use separators etc. I can't think properly now, but you can use these kinds of Search Terms like this, as YouTube will read them exactly the same...

Ok now, this is what you wanna do. Good luck :D

OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

Wow! That's creative. I did not think of that.
Thanks Steve!

Reactions: Damon

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Honestly, this is the interwebs, I would not worry too much about being grammatically correct. What is important is being Google correct. I would go with the higher ranked title, regardless of the grammar.
I use the separators too. Not sure if they help, but they seem like a good idea.

Niki Proshin

Known Member

Steve, a follow-up question.

So if I title my video "Old City walks in Chiang Mai - Thailand cheap eats", it could be searchable for "walks in Chiang Mai", "Chiang Mai Thailand" and "Thailand cheap eats".
Am I right?

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal

So if I title my video "Old City walks in Chiang Mai - Thailand cheap eats", it could be searchable for "walks in Chiang Mai", "Chiang Mai Thailand" and "Thailand cheap eats".
Am I right?

Yeah of course... IF... it's performing well anyway. But to give it a good chance of Ranking, use those Search terms as Tags AND use them in the Description.
But remember, the game is to Rank first and foremost, for the most relevant Search Phrase. To me "Thailand Cheap Eats" is a completely different search objective to "Old City Walks in Chaing Me". So to me, they are 2 completely different Video Topics.

Reactions: Niki Proshin

Niki Proshin

Known Member
Yeah of course... IF... it's performing well anyway. But to give it a good chance of Ranking, use those Search terms as Tags AND use them in the Description.
But remember, the game is to Rank first and foremost, for the most relevant Search Phrase. To me "Thailand Cheap Eats" is a completely different search objective to "Old City Walks in Chaing Me". So to me, they are 2 completely different Video Topics.

Thank you for explaining!

Reactions: BeautyHabitue
OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

Am I right?
I understand from Google SEO, for web searches, Google does not take into consideration special characters (&, *, |, %, etc) and tenses (past, present, continuous, etc) while searching. I guess this applies to YouTube as well

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I am new here.
In Keyword Explorer, "Smoked Paprika Chicken Oven" scores Good while, "Oven-baked Smoked Paprika Chicken" scores Fair. But, "Smoked Paprika Chicken Oven" is not grammatically correct. Any opinion on which title I should use?
I suspect the reason why "smoked paprika chicken oven" scores "good" while the other scores "fair" is because indeed, the "good" is grammatically incorrect, which means it's less likely to have competition because less people will be searching for it, while "oven-baked smoked paprika chiken" would be searched a lot more, but also probably a lot more competition so probably "fair" results.

Daniel Betal used grammatically incorrect titles to his advantage because Filmora9 is officially known as Filmora9 (I believe) where as less people were typing it "incorrectly" as Filmora 9, SO the differance between a space, or not a space, made the differance between an overload of competition, or having a lot less competition which allowed him to rank much higher.

It's the same issue I have, because I draw dinosaurs, there's many ways to spell trex. It can be t-rex, trex, t rex, etc and all those differant ways of minor grammar changes can have a bit impact to the amount of other people who spell it the same way, thus, weather you have better chance of ranking because of low compeition because less people are serching one term over another.

That's my understanding anyway.

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
See this is YouTube, a place where you share content, not focus on title grammar, however it may be important in some cases. Try sticking to the correct one at first and then switch to another one and try to determine which one does better

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Title being gramatically correct but description and tags having that keyword you can rank for multiple keywords :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I suspect the reason why "smoked paprika chicken oven" scores "good" while the other scores "fair" is because indeed, the "good" is grammatically incorrect, which means it's less likely to have competition because less people will be searching for it, while "oven-baked smoked paprika chiken" would be searched a lot more, but also probably a lot more competition so probably "fair" results.

Daniel Betal used grammatically incorrect titles to his advantage because Filmora9 is officially known as Filmora9 (I believe) where as less people were typing it "incorrectly" as Filmora 9, SO the differance between a space, or not a space, made the differance between an overload of competition, or having a lot less competition which allowed him to rank much higher.

It's the same issue I have, because I draw dinosaurs, there's many ways to spell trex. It can be t-rex, trex, t rex, etc and all those differant ways of minor grammar changes can have a bit impact to the amount of other people who spell it the same way, thus, weather you have better chance of ranking because of low compeition because less people are serching one term over another.

That's my understanding anyway.

This is pretty spot on. We did this early on with TubeBuddy and TubeBuddy sometimes people will search by misspelling. It isn't ALWAYS the best course of action because YT will TRY to correct, but some people might not notice the mistake, and you CAN use that as an advantage!