• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Have you had one of your videos go viral?

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had a video back in August 2013 that had 130,000 views and 661 likes, It rapidly gained views and i think within 24 hours it had over 10,000 views. I was so confused because at the time i had around 300 Subscribers and would get 20-500 views on my other videos, The video was me showing a duplication glitch in a game called Skyrim, I titled it "Skyrim: Duplication Glitch *NEW AND WORKING*" didn't expect it to get so many views, then another one of my views started gaining views over a couple weeks, it was a Minecraft tutorial video on learning how to use a certain command, that title was "Minecraft: How to use /f map command"

I've heard of something called a "niche" where your video is based on something a lot of people are searching, and title what they are searching, but i had no idea about this back then...

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
The most views I have on one of my videos is 60 something, not exactly viral but then again IΓÇÖm not focusing on that, IΓÇÖm focusing on giving my viewers something, even if itΓÇÖs just a terrible joke, or cheap crappy entertainment, but primarily giving my viewers some good tips on how to paint or the difference between 2 items etc, but hey if one of mine goes viral then what a bonus!
Brian G had something about this in one of his videos I watched recently. He talked about how some of the biggest YT creators will have a boatload of videos that pretty much just sit there do nothing and then there is that one video that inexplicably goes berserk and views skyrocket. The trick is to find out what made it launch.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Brian G had something about this in one of his videos I watched recently. He talked about how some of the biggest YT creators will have a boatload of videos that pretty much just sit there do nothing and then there is that one video that inexplicably goes berserk and views skyrocket. The trick is to find out what made it launch.
ThatΓÇÖs pretty much what happens to a lot of creators videos, they get uploaded, they get their short amount of TLC, then theyΓÇÖre basically forgotten and cast off into the deep trenches of the YouTube world, there are a couple of ways to make a video go viral, but this would typically involve something heavily controversial within the video, and me being as professional as I can to keep things clean on my channel, IΓÇÖm not gonna even go there, or another way is to just do something spontaneous that no one has ever seen, as for me IΓÇÖm gonna continue creating painting videos, like I say, if one goes viral for whatever reason, then great :)

Reactions: HikingWithGus

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
ThatΓÇÖs pretty much what happens to a lot of creators videos, they get uploaded, they get their short amount of TLC, then theyΓÇÖre basically forgotten and cast off into the deep trenches of the YouTube world, there are a couple of ways to make a video go viral, but this would typically involve something heavily controversial within the video, and me being as professional as I can to keep things clean on my channel, IΓÇÖm not gonna even go there, or another way is to just do something spontaneous that no one has ever seen, as for me IΓÇÖm gonna continue creating painting videos, like I say, if one goes viral for whatever reason, then great :)
Exactly. Just keep creating and the views will come.

Reactions: Shaniece Ashley