• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What is the most attractive thumbnail to click?

sleeping

In thumbnails, is text important or screen important?
What is the most attractive thumbnail to click on the video?

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
It's a mixture. You want short text that catches a viewer's attention, but you don't want the whole thumb to be just text covering an image.

Reactions: Nikki and sleeping

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Really this all depends but I have heard that eye-catching colors work better and for some reason having a picture of a person with their mouth slightly open.

I know there are a lot of videos on creating thumbnails but the key is to first have one instead of just a screenshot from your video then tweak it and see if you get a higher click-through rate.

• Love
Reactions: sleeping
OP
OP
sleeping

sleeping

ΓÇ£OctoriousΓÇ¥ said:
是混合的。您想要吸引观众注意的短文本,但您不希望整个拇指仅仅是覆盖图像的文本。
I often make this mistake. There are too many words.I went to see your video just now.Your voice so nice.

ΓÇ£IanDominicTVΓÇ¥ said:
同意[USER =35592] @Octorious [/USER]后,您需要考虑受众,无论您做什么,都不要以负面的方式诱使受众。
I really have no clue how to make thumbnails.I went to see your video just now.NICE!

ΓÇ£WorldCompostingΓÇ¥ said:
确实这一切都取决于情况,但我听说引人注目的色彩效果更好,并且由于某种原因而拍摄一张嘴稍微张开的人的照片。

我知道有很多关于创建缩略图的视频,但是关键是首先从视频中获得一个缩略图,而不只是一个屏幕截图,然后对其进行调整,看看您获得的点击率是否更高。
"Eye catching color, compare the click rate of thumbnails carefully": you are so inspiring! I went to see your video just now. And now ,I going to cook crabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WorldComposting

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
[QUOTE =“ Octorious,帖子:82171,成员:35592”]
是混合的。您想要吸引观众注意的短文本,但您不希望整个拇指仅仅是覆盖图像的文本。
[/引用]
I often make this mistake. There are too many words.I went to see your video just now.Your voice so nice.
aww thank you so much, means a lot. I'm touched :)

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
[QUOTE =“ WorldComposting,帖子:82217,成员:34137”]
确实这一切都取决于情况,但我听说引人注目的色彩效果更好,并且由于某种原因而拍摄一张嘴稍微张开的人的照片。

我知道有很多关于创建缩略图的视频,但是关键是首先从视频中获得一个缩略图,而不只是一个屏幕截图,然后对其进行调整,看看您获得的点击率是否更高。
[/引用]
"Eye catching color, compare the click rate of thumbnails carefully": you are so inspiring! I went to see your video just now. And now ,I going to cook crabs.
I have been playing around with my thumbnails and that crab one was pretty low on the click rate. I'll probably change it when I post my next video.

What kind of crabs are you going to have? We typically have Blue Crabs here but bought some snow crab legs and claws for my Wife's birthday.

OP
OP
sleeping

sleeping

ΓÇ£WorldComposting said:
我一直在玩缩略图,那只螃蟹的点击率很低。发布下一个视频时,我可能会更改它。

您要吃哪种螃蟹?我们通常在这里放蓝蟹,但在我妻子的生日那天买了一些雪蟹腿和爪子。
I bought crabs in Costco. I don't know what kind of crabs they are。

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The thumbnails really depend on how you create them. Some don't use text but the images are enough to say what the video is about. Text can be useful to convey what the video is about but as someone else said, too much text and text too big can be distracting in the thumbnail. Best of all you can use the text in the thumbnail as a second title, a subtitle to your video. One thing's for sure your channel logo should always be on the thumbnail. When you search Youtube doesn't show you the channel logo but if your logo becomes well-known viewers will recognize it on the thumbnail and it will quickly draw attention.

• Love
OP
OP
sleeping

sleeping

ΓÇ£y10pΓÇ¥ said:
我要说的是,您总是需要一些文本,但是应该非常简洁!
Thank you very much!you are right!

ΓÇ£BraveStarrTGΓÇ¥ said:
缩略图实际上取决于您如何创建它们。有些不使用文字,但是图像足以说明视频的含义。文字对于传达视频内容很有用,但是正如其他人所说的那样,太多的文字和太大的文字可能会分散缩略图的注意力。最重要的是,您可以将缩略图中的文本用作第二个标题,即视频的副标题。一件事可以肯定,您的频道徽标应始终显示在缩略图上。当您搜索时,Youtube不会显示频道徽标,但是如果您的徽标广为人知,则观看者会在缩略图上看到它,并且会迅速引起注意。
What you said is really important! Wish your video better and better!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well adding too much text makes it look like you cant express much using pictures, but using too many pictures makes you look like you cant do stuff on your own, so a balance is the key. My latest video has literally half text and half picture (Minecraft Dungeons one) and I quite like it

• Love
OP
OP
sleeping

sleeping

[QUOTE =“ TheCannyKing,帖子:83091,成员:36074”]
加上太多的文字会使您看起来无法使用图片表达太多,但是使用过多的图片会使您看起来无法独自完成工作,因此保持平衡是关键。我最新的视频字面意思是一半,照片一半(《我的世界地下城》之一),我很喜欢
[/引用]
I went to see your video just now.I'll try this thumbnail next time

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Keeping text to a minimum. No text if the image is high quality and has impact so that it makes sense combined with the Title. Keep in mind that a thumbnail is large when you are creating it but not once it appears in YouTube, people won't be able to read a ton of text.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
less is more. Most people agree to have no more than 3 words appear on your thumbnail, and if you can, have NO text at all. There's a lot of videos out there on thumbnails, and Derral Eves has most recently done a video about thumbnails including Mr Beast's tactics where he uses very minimal text, and mostly NO text.