• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Is making song covers vulnerable to a Copyright Strike?

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Obviously, some of my videos have copyright claim because I sing songs in full length. As someone who gets nervous a lot, I'm worried if my channel or videos might have a copyright strike. What should i do to avoid it?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Obviously, some of my videos have copyright claim because I sing songs in full length. As someone who gets nervous a lot, I'm worried if my channel or videos might have a copyright strike. What should i do to avoid it?

Because of covers you at anytime could, but I would look for resources, and keep in mind that's the nature of covers. I would also tag @blackbeltsecrets who might be able to help a bit here :)

• Love
Reactions: Queeniever Tejano

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Because of covers you at anytime could, but I would look for resources, and keep in mind that's the nature of covers. I would also tag @blackbeltsecrets who might be able to help a bit here :)
The short answer is that you cannot completely avoid the perils of copyright when using someone else's material ... wheter you get a strike or simply demonetised or shared is down to the platform and electives of the copyright holder.

You can probably understand it in more detail by reading here: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/artist-copyright#strategies-zippy-link-1

Many artists producing covers have no problems, whereas the risk exists to have the channel removed for copyright strikes. The ideal scenario is to get permission, but that is usually difficult or impossible unless/until you are big enough that they should want to grant a licence (and even then, may charge to do so.)

No simple way of doing this, I'm afraid!

OP
OP
Queeniever Tejano

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Can i get a copyright strike by making ukulele/guitar covers? That is the one thing I'm really worried of.