• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Research What is the click-through rate of your videos?

What is the click-through rate of your videos?

• < 1%

• > 1% - < 3%

• > 3% - < 5%

• > 5% - < 7%

• > 7% - < 9%

• > 9% - <11%

• > 11%

Results are only viewable after voting.

xPedro98

From what I've been studying on Youtube, having a high click-through rate is extremely important to receive more views and rank videos more often.

Out of curiosity it would be interesting to know what the average rates in our community are and whether we are doing poorly or well!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
From what I've been studying on Youtube, having a high click-through rate is extremely important to receive more views and rank videos more often.

Out of curiosity it would be interesting to know what the average rates in our community are and whether we are doing poorly or well!

First click through rates, without impressions don't matter. Reason being you could have a 100% CTR but if you have 1 impression that just means, YT showed you to one person, and that person clicked through.

YouTube also says the average CTR is from 2 - 10% I average on my videos a CTR of 11% so I try to keep them simple, effective, and honor the title. My impressions range from 500 - 100,000 (Depends the video and how old it is)

Hope that helps!

Reactions: xPedro98

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Lifetime channel average for me is 4%... but the vast majority of my views come from videos with 6%-12% CTR's and the majority of those videos have 10 minute or more average watchtime (with 50%+ AVD).

Andrew is totally correct on this; you need the impressions. And with a lot of impressions comes a lot of people who are not going to click, thereby lowering your CTR. So while a great CTR is a really good thing (and something you need to strive for) inherently you will drop CTR as YouTube shares your content out to people.

Reactions: xPedro98

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I commented on one of Nick NimminΓÇÖs videos about this early today and he had the following to say:
6B6CF7BB-1174-460B-B037-D9A1792089B0.jpeg

I commented on one of Nick NimminΓÇÖs videos about this early today and he had the following to say:
But it looks like the majority of 50% have between 3-5% so maybe itΓÇÖs not that bad or a lot of us arenΓÇÖt doing very well?

OP
OP
xPedro98

xPedro98

First click through rates, without impressions don't matter. Reason being you could have a 100% CTR but if you have 1 impression that just means, YT showed you to one person, and that person clicked through.

YouTube also says the average CTR is from 2 - 10% I average on my videos a CTR of 11% so I try to keep them simple, effective, and honor the title. My impressions range from 500 - 100,000 (Depends the video and how old it is)

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Is there a tip on how to increase impressions? Most of my videos are not classified and receive 5 to 10 impressions per day, that is, it generates more or less 1 view every 2 or 3 days.
Is there any way to increase these numbers?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you! Is there a tip on how to increase impressions? Most of my videos are not classified and receive 5 to 10 impressions per day, that is, it generates more or less 1 view every 2 or 3 days.
Is there any way to increase these numbers?

SEO is about the only way you can control. The other rely on YouTube's systems :)