• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How do I make money with a kids channel?

MeTuber

Last year kids YouTube channels were making big bucks. Now, with the new restrictions for kids video producers, you have to really get creative to make money.
Do we have, for kids only creators on this forum?
If you have done anything thatΓÇÖs working, please share.

Reactions: cherryrose02

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Last year kids YouTube channels were making big bucks. Now, with the new restrictions for kids video producers, you have to really get creative to make money.

This has been VERY hard for a lot of people, and besides brand deals and merch I haven't seen many earn money (Doesn't mean they aren't) on YouTube. It's a VERY hard niche to be in now, and I can't really advise.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
My thought on this; there are several sources for revenue and if we are being honest YouTube adsense is really one of the most poor. It fluctuates wildly, it is subject to a variety of obstacles and in the end it just isn't as much money as people think it is. And that is good news.

Too many people want to rely solely on adsense revenue; it's easy and the preliminary thought is that you can simply make videos and get paid. But the reality is that those who succeed and earn the most viable incomes from their work are those who practice some really good entrepreneurial skills. This is most evident in successful kid channels; those who developed these skills are now seeing their competition drop like flies.

I'll do a full article in this forum in a bit because I think this topic deserves a little more attention and because I am very long winded, but here is a simple breakdown; You can earn money from a website, from merchandise, offering services, sponsorships and affiliate marketing. No, those aren't all necessarily easy to come by and they certainly are not as easy as adsense revenue but there is far more opportunity for a solid revenue stream.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

cherryrose02

Subscriber Goal
My Youtube channel has mixed content for adult and kids content thought i will fix that later when i get into youtube partner then i willk only public the kids content and private my adult content.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
"Practice some really good entrepreneurial skills."

That's the real crux of it. People simply don't have the entrepreneurial skills to do this. I think much of the difficulty is that they have to come to the realization that almost nothing in their formal education has prepared them to think entrepreneurially. They have to start all over, and that can take a very long time for most people.

I started on the entrepreneurial path in 1997/98, and I'm only just now starting to see benefit and true long-term growth from all the time I had to re-educate myself.

The reality is if you're not ready to spend the next 20 years reeducating yourself, you really won't get anywhere. Personal growth always comes before any financial growth. For me it took 20+ years. Others may grow faster.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
At the end of the day, kids content is one of the hardest niches to be part of because of COPPA.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That's the real crux of it. People simply don't have the entrepreneurial skills to do this. I think much of the difficulty is that they have to come to the realization that almost nothing in their formal education has prepared them to think entrepreneurially. They have to start all over, and that can take a very long time for most people.

I started on the entrepreneurial path in 1997/98, and I'm only just now starting to see benefit and true long-term growth from all the time I had to re-educate myself.

The reality is if you're not ready to spend the next 20 years reeducating yourself, you really won't get anywhere. Personal growth always comes before any financial growth. For me it took 20+ years. Others may grow faster.

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree with this. The only way to really pick it up these days is by finding a good mentor. I always had the desire to do my own thing, and I have had some decent concepts but never had the spine to jump into them. My wife's dad is amazing, him and a manager from one of my first jobs taught me everything I know about being an entrepreneur.

• Love
Reactions: Damon