• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Can't find my video if i search it with its main tag

Hi. I've posted this video 4 days ago
View: https://youtu.be/1944AFVdgsc

If i search it with Chrome incognito mode using as tag " Westworld Scoring Competition" i can't find it. If i add my name it shows it.

I tried also with Youtube Rank Checker free...same results.

I've added in my video all the tags combined (westworldscoringcompetition, and so on...) but with no luck.

Why???

OP
OP
Giuseppe Vigliotti
Hi Jonny, thanks for your quick response.
Yes the tag is very common because it is a scoring contest called " Westworld Scoring Competition" so it's the more searched tag.
The strange thing is that with this three words search i can find video with less views than mine but not mine...o_O

Last edited:

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
This will happen to many people. It's not uncommon. The chances of a small channel ranking for a Competitive Keyword in the top 50 are slim to none. Let alone the top 10! That's why the trick is to target less competitive related searches first, to build up (a) traffic to your channel abut also (b) as time goes on, the more you rank for less competitive searches, the more YT will try your video out in more competitive searches. On average, it take my big Videos about 4-10 weeks to Rank. I have a rough idea what will go and what won't. There's a couple of small Niches that i own... for example, I could make Videos all day long about Captain Morgan Rum and i'd probably fill the top 10 by June. But i'm trying to build out a wide drinks search, so throwing in other Videos too.

OP
OP
Giuseppe Vigliotti
This will happen to many people. It's not uncommon. The chances of a small channel ranking for a Competitive Keyword in the top 50 are slim to none. Let alone the top 10! That's why the trick is to target less competitive related searches first, to build up (a) traffic to your channel abut also (b) as time goes on, the more you rank for less competitive searches, the more YT will try your video out in more competitive searches. On average, it take my big Videos about 4-10 weeks to Rank. I have a rough idea what will go and what won't. There's a couple of small Niches that i own... for example, I could make Videos all day long about Captain Morgan Rum and i'd probably fill the top 10 by June. But i'm trying to build out a wide drinks search, so throwing in other Videos too.

Thanks Steve.
But the problem is that i can't find my video using these three tags. Not even in the last page of the research... o_O

If i use Youtube Rank Checker https://ytrank.net/ and put my link in the url section, then the keywords " Westworld Scoring Competition " it tells me that my video is not present.
On the contrary if you put as keywords " Westworld Scoring Competition Giuseppe " the video exists and has its rank position.

I know i can't be in the top 10...but i would be satisfied to be in the last 10! :)

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Only thing i can suggest is search you video ranking via Tubebuddy. It's never too far wrong. If that doesn't show anything, then quite clearly, your Video Metadata isn't on point and will need editing... which is probably the thing anyway!

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry, if i looked in the first place, it would've saved time. Your Video won't rank for that phrase becasue a) its not in the Title... only the hashtag is and b) the keyword isn't in the description either!!! in other words, YT has no idea what the video is about other than a couple of vague Tags!

OP
OP
Giuseppe Vigliotti
Sorry, if i looked in the first place, it would've saved time. Your Video won't rank for that phrase becasue a) its not in the Title... only the hashtag is and b) the keyword isn't in the description either!!! in other words, YT has no idea what the video is about other than a couple of vague Tags!
You're right. It was one of the my recent change...
I'll try to put in as you suggest!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you type JUST Westworld Scoring Competition into search it will depend on how many other people have that tag in their videos (a lot I assume) so you might appear way down the list. Adding your name in automatically makes it more specific so you'll show up.

If I were to just have "dinosaurs" as a tag in my videos, and then typed "dinosaurs" in incognito mode, I wouldn't even show up as a blimp on the radar because of how many other people use "dinosaurs" in their tags. but if I type "beanie draws dinosaurs" I've instantly made my search more specific.

I think not showing up for the Westworld Scoring Competition on it's own just speaks to the competitive nature of ranking for broad terms like competitions.

OP
OP
Giuseppe Vigliotti
For Steve : I tried to do as you said but the results are the same.

For Beanie : Thanks Beanie for your answer. I tried to put in the url section of Youtube Rank Checker a video of an another composer with few views and " Westworld Scoring Competition" as tag...YRC found it.

I've put these three words in my title, in the description and in the tags box.

It seems that something is going wrong with my video metadata.

I guess if there is a Youtube Url Debugger like the Facebook Url Debugger... :thinking: