• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What are some tips for new YouTubers like me?

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I am a new member of TubeBuddy and an aspiring YouTuber who just started a year ago but then went on a hiatus for 11 months. Now, I'm back posting song covers on my channel. What are some tips you can suggest for new YouTubers like me in growing my channel?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was gonna say the top thing I'd suggest is graphic design for thumbnails, but it looks like you're already learning that side of things.

Your thumbnails on the bright side say what your channel is about, but your channel banner doesn't. So for those who decide to come to your channel after thinking you sound like an interesting person, update your banner to make it more obvious that you're in music. The pink beach and waves are peaceful, but I think you need to add some more context to who you are as a musician in your banner.

Not MEANT to be a channel review :p but I'm a visual person, so my tips always relate around visual first impressions. People click thumbnails to watch a video, so the visual of the book cover is important, even if they say "never judge a book by it's cover"

OP
OP
Queeniever Tejano

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you very much for the reply. Yes, I'm still working on my banner. I haven't decided yet what to put though. I'm still giving it a lot of thought. Again thank you for the advice. Never thought someone would notice and reply on my post. I almost felt invisible here lol

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I am a new member of TubeBuddy and an aspiring YouTuber who just started a year ago but then went on a hiatus for 11 months. Now, I'm back posting song covers on my channel. What are some tips you can suggest for new YouTubers like me in growing my channel?

Do research first when making videos. If you don't and no one watches, it might be no one was looking or caring about the subject, but by doing research you can know before hand :)

OP
OP
Queeniever Tejano

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the tip. I'll try applying it whenever I decide what song I should cover next. Maybe i'll try going for songs lots of people listen to.

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I would share my content on social media. My Facebook and Instagram. Join Facebook groups that aren't sub4sub. There are also reddit threads too. Use other social media platforms to help grow your channel!

• Love
Reactions: Queeniever Tejano
OP
OP
Queeniever Tejano

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would share my content on social media. My Facebook and Instagram. Join Facebook groups that aren't sub4sub. There are also reddit threads too. Use other social media platforms to help grow your channel!
I've never tried promoting my channel on reddit. That's new info. Thank you so much :blush:

What is your channel about @Queeniever Tejano ? :)
I make song covers.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The best advice I can give is focus on your content. Make sure you're creating content people want to watch. That's why some here suggested researching your genre and the people searching for your type of content and what's trending. Work on improving your videos by learning new ideas, tips and tricks that can make them look and sound better, seem more appealing to new viewers and help them stand out in a crowded genre. Don't be afraid to try new things to see what works and what doesn't. Change what doesn't work, keep what does and improve upon it. Let your channel grow naturally. If you place too much focus on your numbers you can find yourself disappointed because channels don't always grow overnight, it takes time, and these disappointments could have negative effects on how you create content. Work on creating good content ppl want to watch and/or listen to. The analytics can come later.

• Love

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
With what everyone else said also look for Google trends on covers you are creating and review what covers people are searching for. This could help direct you to what covers you should be creating.

• Love

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've never tried promoting my channel on reddit. That's new info. Thank you so much
Remember that Reddit isn't very advertiser-friendly, it's more of a community. A lot of users on there don't like it when you promote your videos, but if you understand how Reddit works, it could work well for you. Reddit is a double-edged sword.

OP
OP
Queeniever Tejano

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you! :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Great advices, everyone. I'll be keeping all of those in mind. This community is a really great help in finding the right answers to my questions.

Remember that Reddit isn't very advertiser-friendly, it's more of a community. A lot of users on there don't like it when you promote your videos, but if you understand how Reddit works, it could work well for you. Reddit is a double-edged sword.
Ive never really tried mingling with people on reddit. But ive had my share of scrolling through some interesting posts there. I guess i'll be careful in the reddit community. Thank you for the advice :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Which songs are you covering what style? Pop, country, rock, rap?
I do some pop and classic songs but mainly pop. Maybe some country songs in my future vids. I dont really stick to one song genre but im trying to establish my channel as a ukulele or acoustic cover channel. I really hope this will work out well in the future.

The best advice I can give is focus on your content. Make sure you're creating content people want to watch. That's why some here suggested researching your genre and the people searching for your type of content and what's trending. Work on improving your videos by learning new ideas, tips and tricks that can make them look and sound better, seem more appealing to new viewers and help them stand out in a crowded genre. Don't be afraid to try new things to see what works and what doesn't. Change what doesn't work, keep what does and improve upon it. Let your channel grow naturally. If you place too much focus on your numbers you can find yourself disappointed because channels don't always grow overnight, it takes time, and these disappointments could have negative effects on how you create content. Work on creating good content ppl want to watch and/or listen to. The analytics can come later.
I admit i was really concerned about my video analytics on my first videos. But now, ive really put my mind away from the thought and started to find ways in improving my videos, improving my channel. As you know already, i make song covers, im now trying to find myself a quality microphone to improve my audios. I also organized my bedroom and added light strings to my walls so that it would be more appealing in my future videos. Currently taking the baby steps haha.

Reactions: sohbu

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
discover your niche and audience, do some research. then work on channel ie name logo, colour scheme, thumbnail art, tags, keywords etc etc
hope this helps
warm regards

Reactions: sohbu