• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What do you think

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Is this thumbnail to much or should I just keep the numbers and take out all the characters

thumbnail for 9000 games.jpg

Last edited:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I do think it's a bit too much, plus the text is off center which is throwing off my OCD :) I reckon, try having everything faded out a bit. Maybe try giving everything a subtle purple fade, but have the text remain white, and see how that works for contrast

Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do think it's a bit too much, plus the text is off center which is throwing off my OCD :) I reckon, try having everything faded out a bit. Maybe try giving everything a subtle purple fade, but have the text remain white, and see how that works for contrast
Thanks I'll give it a try

I changed it to this

modded thumbnail 9000 games.jpg

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm finding the text is hart to see itΓÇÖs perhaps the font? I kinda get youΓÇÖre a gamer and that is a pixilated text. Maybe pick a particular item and have one photo. I find lots of pictures or busy pictures get lost in the crowd. So if itΓÇÖs about consoles pick one console picture and have that be the whole photo. You can have contrasting background. I like the purple but perhaps tweak the actual images and text. Thumbnails are a tough business. Not kinda my thing. I hope this was taken as constructive criticism not in a mean way. Thumbnails are the worst aspect of my channel but IΓÇÖm sure we will all get there in the end lol

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm finding the text is hart to see itΓÇÖs perhaps the font? I kinda get youΓÇÖre a gamer and that is a pixilated text. Maybe pick a particular item and have one photo. I find lots of pictures or busy pictures get lost in the crowd. So if itΓÇÖs about consoles pick one console picture and have that be the whole photo. You can have contrasting background. I like the purple but perhaps tweak the actual images and text. Thumbnails are a tough business. Not kinda my thing. I hope this was taken as constructive criticism not in a mean way. Thumbnails are the worst aspect of my channel but IΓÇÖm sure we will all get there in the end lol
I originally was just gunna keep the background... cause it has a bunch of consoles already but I figured I would mess with the picture a little cause that's what people do.. although I have noticed most of my popular videos Is just a plain thumbnail.. maybe that is the way to go

Reactions: TakeEachDay

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I really like the cute emojis of the consoles, but I still think having a purple fade over the background will help with contrast. When you have a lot of items in the background, it will make contrast a lot harder as there's more detail, which will make reading things hard. A purple fade tends to wash out that detail which makes contrast between the foreground and background easier to distinguish which makes text easier to read :)

Reactions: TakeEachDay

justafizz

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the font doesnt help you. I think it can be hard to read for some, and it doesnt seem compelling enough for someone thats new to your channel and videos to want to check out.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Another thing to think about, how will this look on mobile? It's hard for me to really focus or no what the video is about in this thumbnail. I see 9,000 games, but what kind? All kind? What Genre?
Since I have this as my title I BOUGHT A MODDED SEGA GENESIS MINI WITH 9000 GAMES.. Would it be better to just leave the 9,000 games title out of the thumbnail and just keep the background with the consoles

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I changed it back to my original thumbnail.. I think it looks okay like this, but I figured I would add text and characters because that's what people do, It's hit or miss with thumbnails for me because the thumbnails where I don't add text or characters seem to get more views.. I also changed my title to just Sega Genesis Mini Modded with 9,000 games instead of I bought... If you guys have more recommendations on what I can do more for this thumbnail or title let me know.. I like the feedback :cool:

sega genesis mini with 9000 games.jpg

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I changed it back to my original thumbnail.. I think it looks okay like this, but I figured I would add text and characters because that's what people do, It's hit or miss with thumbnails for me because the thumbnails where I don't add text or characters seem to get more views.. I also changed my title to just Sega Genesis Mini Modded with 9,000 games instead of I bought... If you guys have more recommendations on what I can do more for this thumbnail or title let me know.. I like the feedback :cool:

View attachment 5619

It's more clear, but how visible are the consoles on a smaller version? :)

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's more clear, but how visible are the consoles on a smaller version? :)
I have the original Iphone se which is a pretty small phone and I looked on my phone and you are right... I might need to zoom in more on the consoles.. Thanks :cool:

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
The last one you sent is much better in my opinion, but as Andrew says, you should definitely resize the consoles.

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well I like the Second one (with only text) Bcz its straightforward, by adding a blur to the background (A small amount) it would make the text pop out alot more