• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Any tips for getting more views or watch time for a food channel?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've moved this to YouTube strategies as I feel you'll more help in this section. Also, it really depends on your titles and thumbnails as well. What do your thumbnails look like? what kind of titles are you using for your videos? these days you need to be searchable, but also compelling.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
1. Watch Food Network.
2. Analyze your favorite food shows there.
3. Implement some of the things you see them doing.
This approach is a HIGHLY effective and SORELY underappreciated idea. I do this with fishing channels on TV. No better source to learn from than the guys who have been doing it better then anyone for real money over the course of decades.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
This approach is a HIGHLY effective and SORELY underappreciated idea. I do this with fishing channels on TV. No better source to learn from than the guys who have been doing it better then anyone for real money over the course of decades.

Yup! Remember that film "A River Runs Through It"? That's the inspiration for everything I do, as well as every National Geographic Special ever.

This method is also how jazz musicians learn their craft. They spend years literally mimicking the jazz greats like John Coltrane and Miles Davis. They all eventually end up with their own voice, so for me it was a matter of applying all that I learned throughout my years in music to this.

I have found this process is much faster in videos and film because we've been watching T. V. and movies all our lives. We already understand the language, it only takes a couple weeks to learn the motion picture "alphabet."

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yup! Remember that film "A River Runs Through It"? That's the inspiration for everything I do, as well as every National Geographic Special ever.

This method is also how jazz musicians learn their craft. They spend years literally mimicking the jazz greats like John Coltrane and Miles Davis. They all eventually end up with their own voice, so for me it was a matter of applying all that I learned throughout my years in music to.

I have found this process is much faster in videos and film because we've been watching T. V. and movies all our lives. We already understand the language, it only takes a couple week to learn the motion picture "alphabet."
Yes! 'Endless Summer' is my go to lol. You got great taste man!

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
Make 10-minute videos, do live streams help the most due to at least one person watches a 2-hour live stream you get 2 hours from that, and all add up so if you get 40 watchers on live stream and they all stay for the whole live stream then that is 40 watch hours. If you make up to 10-minute videos chances are some people might watch your full video and you will get 10 min per person. If you live stream about 3 times a week for 1-3 hours and continue to make 10 min videos you will start to notice your progression. I also suggest you save your Livestream after for others to check it out later if they missed it. or unlist the live stream so your watch hours/views stay. I suggest you also make a playlist for your videos called " All Videos " or if your a gamer put the name of the game you play for the playlist. Also, How to videos always get the most watch time because they want to learn how to do it or fix something so they watch the full video and if you get 100k views on a 10-minute how-to video you're golden. Good Luck!