• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Views are picking up but Subs are not, here's my plan

pastorjskinner

TubeBuddy Pro
800 Views in a little over a month. Good for my Niche but not where I want to be, here's my plan:
1. DON'T GIVE UP, Stay consistent
2. LEARN as much as I can and apply it
3. KEEP WORKING those thumbs and titles
4. NEVER GIVE UP, it will happen one day.

You've got to hook them before you can land them!

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm in exactly the same boat where the views are pretty good but subs aren't coming in, however everything you noted down is exactly what we need to do, and just have fun making your content.
Congratulations on the 800 views as well!

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally feel that's how it is to be honest! I'm picking up Subs Slowly. 30-50 a day. By contrast, I'm picking up 30,000 Views a week. I'm not saying that brag at all. There's waaaaay bigger channels in the Forum than me. Its just this weird thing. Even though I pick up Subs, they never really engage and watch content as Videos will only get 300 views in the first few weeks. But...i've learned a lot and work hard...so i'm lucky, as I know my Videos will Rank well in search 4-8-10 weeks later, so I'll get the views after about 2 months.

I'm saying this just to kind of give you the reality... That even when you hit 1000 Subs, or 4000 Subs, it doesn't really change.
Never really focus on the Subs to grow. Always focus on being Found. Views and Watch Time are the currency. Subs help, but they're not vital.

Reactions: pastorjskinner

AJ Faith & Fitness

TubeBuddy User
800 Views in a little over a month. Good for my Niche but not where I want to be, here's my plan:

Like anything worth building or doing it takes time! I totally get that! Sounds like you have a solid game plan!!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@pastorjskinner, your fishing analogy is spot on! In fact my whole business strategy mimics my fishing strategy:
  1. Chum for bait.
  2. Catch baitfish.
  3. Use bait fish to catch big fish.
Chum < Bait fish < Big Fish
  • Chum = videos and other content.
  • Bait Fish = subscribers/views.
  • Big Fish = Web site sales of fish tackle products & online classes.
Business really is a game. The good thing is you get to name your game. Some people are team players like soccer or basketball. Some are solo layer like golfers or mountain climbers. In the end it's a game of understanding how, why and when people spend money. That's what really takes a long time.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I definitely agree with what you said.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Fantastic plan. I also get a lot of views in fact I got 500 in one week but my subscribers didnΓÇÖt change much however itΓÇÖs difficult for me to know if some of my subscribers have left as I only have mobile apps which limit my ability to see whatΓÇÖs actually happening. When I started I was going to do one thing but I changed my direction and this may have cost me several subscribers. However IΓÇÖm glad I have because although my niche is a difficult one to break into my channel is very different from the others. I think thatΓÇÖs also a good point to be the same but be different. I loved what you said that was just the best advice. Just keep swimming peeps

Last edited:

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
Agreed! Persistence is powerful, and when amplified with education and application you can be unstoppable! :heart:

...and never forget we always need new cute cat videos. lol :joy:

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Yes but OP what you are missing in your plan is a marketing strategy using other social media avenues like Facebook Groups; Reddit; Quora; Medium; Twitter; Others; And lastly but most importantly a dedicated email list as well. If you want to succeed you need a strategic plan for marketing your videos cause if youtube would have wanted you would have gotten 80k views per month in your niche but they are not giving you any impressions; recommendations/suggested; watch page views and most importantly search traffic so you are on your own in the marketing front.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes but OP what you are missing in your plan is a marketing strategy using other social media avenues like Facebook Groups; Reddit; Quora; Medium; Twitter; Others; And lastly but most importantly a dedicated email list as well. If you want to succeed you need a strategic plan for marketing your videos cause if youtube would have wanted you would have gotten 80k views per month in your niche but they are not giving you any impressions; recommendations/suggested; watch page views and most importantly search traffic so you are on your own in the marketing front.

I would classify everything you just said under #2 of the original post. The reality is we are all marketing our videos just as you said.

Reactions: Growing Up Walls