• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help channel translations

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hello, looking for some help. I keep getting the message on my channel page that reads; You have channel translations. To make changes to your channel, set your language to English (United Kingdom). Learn more

I can't seem to make it go away, despite not having any translations, that I'm aware of? I've trawled through the settings and can see that langauge is automatically set to English (United Kingdom) and some of my videos show 2 language settings which is the English that is automatically set and then the UK specific one. I'm going round in circles trying to find what setting it is to remove this popup banner. Can anyone give any clear instructions on how to remove it, and to prevent it keep popping up in the future. Thank you! It seems the banner removes the customize channel button too, as that now seems to have disappeared!?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hm... never had this issue before. I saw that other users had the same problem, but apparently no answers on that :oops:

If you set the language, have you tried resetting it and setting the language again? I read in the article that one way to reset it is to clear your cache and cookies.

OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hi, glad I'm not the only one out there with this issue. You could be right about the cache. When I switched to my laptop to edit my channel, the banner was gone and the customise channel button was back. I find the whole subtitles, CC and language settings very confusing. I burn my own subtitles into my videos as I thought this was the professional requirement? I hadn't realised that YT added CC automatically and now I'm wondering do I have to bother with adding my own? The settings around languages etc are very clunky.

What are others creators doing? Adding their own, as I am, or defaulting the automatic CC's?

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Happened to me as well, several times actually, you have to change the language to English UK from you channel settings, I had to clear cookies and cache and the language changed to Enlish US, I hope this helps

OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the tip. I seem to be having to endlessly change the language in channel settings? Maybe it is all a caching issue, makes sense.