• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Do you hope to get famous one day?

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, I do. I started doing youtube for fun then it got to me that doing youtube is a serious matter when it comes to people enjoying your videos and asking for more about it.

• Love
Reactions: Trance sri lanka

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt really have this as a goal because with fame comes sacrifice and IΓÇÖm not sure IΓÇÖm ready for that lol. IΓÇÖm making videos to help my son with social skills tbh

Reactions: Josh Tan and Damon

ESLAAH

My purpose for joining youtube was to get a platform, where my voice and opinion could be heard, and also get more knowledge about some information, now if getting my name known or getting famous would be the final outcome, Yeah so be it.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
No not at all I started this channel for my son to learn and develop new skills. The tools and advice given at tubebuddy are invaluable and I'm so grateful that I found it. If my son does one day become famous then fair play to him, but this is not the be all and end all!!

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan and Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Na, I don't give a rip about being famous. I just want to help people catch a boat load of fish without spending a boat load of money.

I like the fact that you're honest about your intentions on YouTube. Most people will never face that fact. However, chasing fame and glory is not the best strategy for growing a YouTube channel.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Famous can be relative though. If you are good in your niche on YouTube then you can't but be known really. The more people that watch your video and listen to you then that means you are an influencer. Now being famous on a large scale like Kim and Kanye or Pewdiepie whomm nope that was not my aim though if it happens I will love that as that means I must have made a change in my little world. As my channel grows based on my niche, fame will come with it though but my main aim is to impact people.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not my goal and one of the big worries I had with putting my videos out there. Have to admit I was worried at first about putting my face out there and my first videos I didn't show my face.

VESam

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I guess it depends on how much fame. I don't want to be in the public eye where people are watching your every move etc, I do like my privacy however being famous enough to be recognised at the airport or in a shopping centre wouldn't be that bad imo and I'd probably quite enjoy the attention haha!

But that isn't my goal, I just want to make people laugh and if that results in fame then I won't complain!

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Not at all, it's more the other way around I have no interest at all in getting famous and I don't use a camera in my videos. I do hope my channel get famous in the way that it becomes one of the main channels in it's niche.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Define Famous. I'm Niche Famous. I've been a Bartender in the UK for quite some time. 25+ years. And although i'm not a TV Bartender, I am very well known in the Drinks world up and down the UK.
Do I want to be known on TV...?? Yeah, i would actually love it. In fact I often give Banter to 3 of the 5 Drinks guys on UK TV, that they are Dull and Boring (we go back years...all harmless banter...But True Banter! :innocent: :joy: ) And I know the Agent that Books them too, and I often give her Banter thats she's got the wrong clients to make her money!

But the fact is, they pay the Agency to get on TV. It works well for them, they earn money off the back of it with consultancy etc. Where as me... i can kind of earn money now without being on TV via Brand Endorsements and Sponsorship. Through YouTube, You've got the platform to create your own fame. And that's what i'm working towards. As much as I'd love to be on TV... my dream is to create my own show. And having been my own boss now for 8 years... there's no way in the world I'd be good at taking directions or orders off someone else! :joy:

So for me, in 2 years from now. If i can hit 100,000 Subs that watch a weekly 30-45 minute show that i put out, that is my Kind of Famous!

MaryNgozi

Subscriber Goal
Noop but If you are good in your niche on YouTube then you can't but be known really. The more people that watch your video and listen to you then that means you are an influencer. I must have made a change in my little world. As my channel grows based on my niche, like I do entrapment vlog and many more fame will come with it,

Reactions: triciascribvlog

Pooja

Of course yes.... Mostly people want to become famous.. and to b famous, lot of hardwork is needed.

triciascribvlog

Not really. I just want to be identified by those who subscribe to my channel as one who is willing and wants to help them through my videos.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I didn't plan on it, but I know in a small circle I'm very well known. Like VidCon, VidSummit, etc. it's really interesting and wasn't something I planned for just sort of happened. I think it's cool, but I also am just some guy haha

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, I do. I started doing youtube for fun then it got to me that doing youtube is a serious matter when it comes to people enjoying your videos and asking for more about it.
I don't want to be famous. The more famous you get, the more you have to be concerned about your privacy and protection. The more famous you get, the more you have to think about hiring personal security to keep you safe from stalkers. The more famous you are, you realise when you walk out in the streets in public, you might be constantly stopped for autographs, which might sound fun until you're out with your family and continuously get stopped by strangers. And of course you'll also get the paperazzi stalking you and selling photos of you to the tabloids, making fake stories about you that you have to keep defending.

If you plan to become famouse, you also have to plan on how you'll protect yourself and your privacy, and that seems like a lot of hassle when I can just go out to the shops without anyone coming up to me :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
'Famous' is very subjective... and that has never been more evident than on YouTube. Furthermore being 'famous' is not the glamorous lifestyle that it is commonly represented as.

I want to be known for my work; I want to be recognized as a leader in my area of expertise and I want to be someone that others turn to or refer to in reference to the quality content I produce on YouTube. I strive to be a positive and valuable addition to the platform and the communities that surround it. I have zero desire for celebrity.

Queeniever Tejano

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I basically established my channel at first just for fun because I have a strong passion for music. I also want to share the talent that God has given me through making song covers. There are times that I want to be in the limelight because there was a time in my life (when i was a kid) I wanted to be an artist in the Philippines. Too big of dream, right? Nevertheless, i just want to grow my channel. Maybe I could reach a thousand subs and start saving money for my future.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB