• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How to automatically set my videos to play in HD

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hello, I am not sure I am posting in the right place but I am struggling to find out how can I set my YouTube videos to be played automatically in HD by default for each viewer, at the moment they are playing in SD and the quality it's really poor. Thank you!

Reactions: Reactor ph

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @EggCreatorGaming

Sadly you don't have much control over how your viewers will see your videos. As long as you publish in a good quality then youtube will take that and re-encode it in multiple formats and send a version that works well for the viewer. And now that some networks are congested from everyone being online youtube has been forced to send some material in lower quality to save bandwidth.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Daniel

• Love
Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello, I am not sure I am posting in the right place but I am struggling to find out how can I set my YouTube videos to be played automatically in HD by default for each viewer, at the moment they are playing in SD and the quality it's really poor. Thank you!
If your videos are playing in SD, this means you haven't given the video long enough time to process. Sometimes it takes a while, but also during covid19 lockdown, they are turning on SD as default for a lot of regions to help with bandwidth. Changing that is beyond our control. Check your video again now (it's been about a week) and if it's playing in HD instead of SD, then you know it just needed time to process. Sometimes videos need a few hours for processing. That's all on YouTube's end.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
After processing by YouTube, the vid should be available in SD or HD (I have never used 4k, but I suppose it gets in there too). Luckily the viewer can set their own video quality. Many have poor connections and cannot stream HD.

• Love
Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We never just "post" our videos straight online. We always upload and schedule so that YouTube has the time to process the videos into HD format. Plus it gives you the time to adequately put in your description, and tags and all the other goodies. So that you're not doing it all on the fly while your video is live.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
We never just "post" our videos straight online. We always upload and schedule so that YouTube has the time to process the videos into HD format. Plus it gives you the time to adequately put in your description, and tags and all the other goodies. So that you're not doing it all on the fly while your video is live.
Me too. I always try to schedule my vids. I am only 3 vids ahead right now, I try to have 6 or 8 up, and schedule 2 per week. That gives me time to get everything set up the way I want it. Perhaps advertise a vid with a short, or community post. And if there is any chance of a yellow icon - it gets taken care of before publishing (rare now, but it used to happen 3 out of 5 vids ha ha).