• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What is your ads YouTube threshold for payment?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I didn't know you could manually set it, I thought it was all automatically set to $100
I will say though, it took me a year to initially figure out how to setup my adsense, and once I connected it all I had a nice $1500 odd by a year which went towards my surface pro (which is now out of warrenty and getting quite old lol)

I think I'd just lead it at the adsense minimum of $100 personally.

OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I didn't know you could manually set it, I thought it was all automatically set to $100
I will say though, it took me a year to initially figure out how to setup my adsense, and once I connected it all I had a nice $1500 odd by a year which went towards my surface pro (which is now out of warrenty and getting quite old lol)

I think I'd just lead it at the adsense minimum of $100 personally.
Yes you can manually set it. Just move the lines to adjust it. Mine was £60 which was equivalent to $100 then but I moved it to $1000 so I can have enough to use for something. £60 I will just use it for meals and shoes lol.

Reactions: AlexV Channel

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have mine set to $100 as even though it would be little interest I would rather have it in my bank account than sitting in Google's.

Granted I track everything on a spreadsheet and so I can monitor what I spend vs what I'm bringing in. Granted this is more of a hobby for me right now but it is nice to have it be neutral instead of something I just spend money on.

• Love
Reactions: Damon and Blessing

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I have mine set to $200. As long as you have at least bit of discipline when it comes to money you are most likely better of getting the money asap since you could get interest, invest it, have it grow to reach whatever goal or project you need the money for. But if you love to spend it's probably better for YouTube to keep the money until you have the amount you need.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I set mine to the highest.
That way its more like a reward or bonus..
If it trickles in each month, I wouldn't notice it..

Of course it depends on how much you earn tho..
I'm averaging $25-$45 per month...

Reactions: Blessing
OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Wow thanks everyone that commented. I buy the idea of not leaving the money for Google. I am going to bring it down and put the money in my savings account. They will give me a little interest too.

Reactions: WorldComposting

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Glad we could help you out! As long as you have the discipline getting the money in your account as early as possible helps it build money for you!

OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Wow!! This is inspiring. I am still at $10 monthly though once made $250 on a viral video. I guess to earn good money as a YouTuber it must not just be advert on your video that is what I am looking at now. Still trying to understand how aflite works and patreon, Heard of people leaving their jobs for vlogging and am like uhmmmm.

Reactions: Damon

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow!! This is inspiring. I am still at $10 monthly though once made $250 on a viral video. I guess to earn good money as a YouTuber it must not just be advert on your video that is what I am looking at now. Still trying to understand how aflite works and patreon, Heard of people leaving their jobs for vlogging and am like uhmmmm.

Yeah, it goes to show you don't need huge Subs to make money if your Funnels are in place. I only get 30,000 views per week...and just under 4000 Subs, but make close to £250 on Ads at the moment. Most of that is UK, but i also do well in the US and Australia...and I get a lot of Scandinavians & Germans watching, so i make sure i tap into those Markets too.

Affiliate is my biggie though. I've got a really good funnel for that now, which all stems from my Free Cocktail eBook that people can download. Its a PDF... and I get anywhere between 10 and 50 downloads a day at the moment. So not only is it great for collecting Emails so i can market to them in the future...but as the Book is a PDF, the Pictures are linked to Videos for more Views...AND... you've guessed it, the Ingredients are linked to my Affiliate sites. Plus, as i'm doing Online Cocktail Classes at the moment, instead of face to face, the Shopping list I send to Clients also has those Affiliate Links in. So every week i'm getting 2/3 events where people are buying all their stuff using my links!

I used to think it was all about 100,000 Subscribers and Millions of Views. But. It really isn't!

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Mine was at $100 but now I have to reach the 4,000 hour watch time so i lost my earnings.... i only made $200ish a year which is GREAT! just for uploading videos.. I tried doing the amazon affiliate since I like to unbox and review products sometime but I was not able to get 1 sale in the 90 day period =( So I'm not sure if I can sign up again

Reactions: Blessing

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Mine was at $100 but now I have to reach the 4,000 hour watch time so i lost my earnings.... i only made $200ish a year which is GREAT! just for uploading videos.. I tried doing the amazon affiliate since I like to unbox and review products sometime but I was not able to get 1 sale in the 90 day period =( So I'm not sure if I can sign up again
I can tell you from experience you can sign up again as an Amazon Affiliate as this happened to me twice before my first sale. One key is making sure you call it out in your videos that you have links in the description and add that it doesn't cost your viewer anything.

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I can tell you from experience you can sign up again as an Amazon Affiliate as this happened to me twice before my first sale. One key is making sure you call it out in your videos that you have links in the description and add that it doesn't cost your viewer anything.
That's cool... Yeah hopefully the next time I apply I get get a few sales...Question... When you finally do get one do you have the account forever or do they expect you to reach a certain number of sales before they deactivate your account

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That's cool... Yeah hopefully the next time I apply I get get a few sales...Question... When you finally do get one do you have the account forever or do they expect you to reach a certain number of sales before they deactivate your account
I'm guessing you get to keep it for a while as after my first sale I think it was around 5 months when my next sale happened. There were links clicked but zero purchases.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeff Goober