• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Need to change intro on videos that are already posted in YouTube

msdevice

I recently discovered there is an error on my video's intro section - I need to correct it. It is about 3 seconds. I know in the YT editor that I can clip the 3 second section out, but I need to replace it with the corrected 3 seconds. Any suggestions? I really don't want to delete the videos.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I recently discovered there is an error on my video's intro section - I need to correct it. It is about 3 seconds. I know in the YT editor that I can clip the 3 second section out, but I need to replace it with the corrected 3 seconds. Any suggestions? I really don't want to delete the videos.

Sadly you can only remove it, you can add something in to replace it. The reason YT does it this way is they don't want a video to get a lot of views, then a creator change it later to be something that isn't following TOS.

Bounce Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I think once you publish the video, that's the show... Except for the quick editing feature YT editing. Which is kinda bad since it takes like 3 hours to trim like 3 seconds off the video haha.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal

I have been in this situation before and from experience the only way you can do this is by deleting the original video. You cant even upload another duplicate copy as their software will know it has been uploaded before. If it is not something that noticable why not leave it as it is. If it is soemthing you just uploaded, just take it down, edit and upload.