• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review I have views but low engagement and watch time.. help!?

Maridanee

User name: Maridanee
Title of thread: I have views but low engagement and watch time.. help!?
Self review: So I have made a few videos so far and I have a decent amount of views, but barely any engagement. I have also noticed my watch time for most videos is about 5-13% on average which is only about 30 seconds or less of my videos. IΓÇÖm not sure what IΓÇÖm doing wrong here, can anyone help me? I try to make my thumbnails bright and colourful/attractive and make interesting titles. But IΓÇÖm worried my content isnΓÇÖt very enjoyable and I might need to focus on making it more meaningful!?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EyesOnThePrize97
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26870/post-80561

MR TECH YT

Subscriber Goal
Hello Maridanee. I think engagement comes with growth, if a big YouTuber posts anything (meaningful or not) there is loads of comments and engagement, but not the same for small youtubers, but that's not it, I think the audience needs to get to know your a lot before engagement, they need to know who your are and your personality and if they can relate then they will always comment and engage. I think time will help in this situation.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
User name: Maridanee
Title of thread: I have views but low engagement and watch time.. help!?
Self review: So I have made a few videos so far and I have a decent amount of views, but barely any engagement. I have also noticed my watch time for most videos is about 5-13% on average which is only about 30 seconds or less of my videos. IΓÇÖm not sure what IΓÇÖm doing wrong here, can anyone help me? I try to make my thumbnails bright and colourful/attractive and make interesting titles. But IΓÇÖm worried my content isnΓÇÖt very enjoyable and I might need to focus on making it more meaningful!?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EyesOnThePrize97
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26870/post-80561

Hi watched 3 of your videos so I can have an idea of what you need to improve.

1. Your introduce should be about what the video is about, what they are going to learn by watching. U have an intro video then your tittle before you start. For all your videos I see 1-2 mins of not telling the viewers why they are there or what they will learn and why you are an expert on this. Remember there are many people in your niche.

2. The image you project in your videos when you start needs to be well made up and fabulous looking. We are talking about make-up here. To be frank, I know you are beautiful, but the hair, nails, skin and everything should show me that this is what you know very well.

3. I think investing in audio and lightening for your niche is very important. I love luxury, make-up tables and make up kits around a make up tutorial. May may working on the studio environment will also help.

Anyway, you are having views so well done. Keep doing it and improving on it. Watch other make-up vloggs on Youtube espceially the popular ones. when they started videos and now.

All the best.

• Love
Reactions: Maridanee

Niki Proshin

Known Member
My motto these days "if it's boring - cut it"

If you feel bored by watching your own video or listening yourself, do you think other people won't feel same? Make videos that don't bore you, cut/speed-up/use b-rolls or use whatever else to make the video more watchable

• Love
Reactions: Maridanee
OP
OP
Maridanee

Maridanee

Hi watched 3 of your videos so I can have an idea of what you need to improve.

1. Your introduce should be about what the video is about, what they are going to learn by watching. U have an intro video then your tittle before you start. For all your videos I see 1-2 mins of not telling the viewers why they are there or what they will learn and why you are an expert on this. Remember there are many people in your niche.

2. The image you project in your videos when you start needs to be well made up and fabulous looking. We are talking about make-up here. To be frank, I know you are beautiful, but the hair, nails, skin and everything should show me that this is what you know very well.

3. I think investing in audio and lightening for your niche is very important. I love luxury, make-up tables and make up kits around a make up tutorial. May may working on the studio environment will also help.

Anyway, you are having views so well done. Keep doing it and improving on it. Watch other make-up vloggs on Youtube espceially the popular ones. when they started videos and now.

All the best.
Thank you so much for this! This is great feedback!

Reactions: chahid ma3i

Kales Brown

cut out any awkward moments between talking or showing your viewers what you're trying to, unless it is there for comedic effect. It helps to make jokes of whatever kind to keep people engaged. Also make sure you are being dynamic and lively in how to speak and act, monotone and not moving makes it easy to get distracted or click off the video. Make sure your intro isn't too long, not more than a minute or so unless it is backstory relevant to what the video is about. Hope this helps!

Its Jonny Keeley

I would say you need to balance the volume of music with you speaking. Maybe it's different in other videos but in the one I watched the voice was a little quiet.

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, your videos are great and I can tell that you spend good amount of time to produce them, but the one thing that I noticed when I come to your channel , it's a bit all over the place (takes one to know one) there's no red thread between your videos, so someone who likes make up might not click on your travel video or vice versa and stay on your channel. Perhaps you can find videos ideas that are different but still connected, like maybe your traveling make-ups or make up haul in a foreign country ...and so on if you understand what i mean. Good luck!