• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to make viewers watch your video till the end?

Zama Lindi

Hey there, So I figured itΓÇÖd be great to hear different tips and views about this because a lot of youtubers struggle with creating a video that will make people watch till the end.
What can one do to make people interested in watching the whole video?

AJAX

1 - Preview
2 - "Watch to the end for a ______"
3 - Have words pop up on the screen like, "THINGS ARE GOING TO GET CRAZY"

Reactions: Zama Lindi

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey there, So I figured itΓÇÖd be great to hear different tips and views about this because a lot of youtubers struggle with creating a video that will make people watch till the end.
What can one do to make people interested in watching the whole video?

First how far is your audience watching currently? If you're losing them way before the end isn't where we should focus :) However:

1 - Preview

Is solid advice. Another thing is most don't watch until the end, and that's ok, but you want them watching as long as possible.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I basically have never watched a YouTube video till the end unless it is a tutorial and I need to follow the steps. I don't expect all my views to watch till the end, only the followers that I have bonded with. I make my video to have all the key facts curiosity 2-3 mins in the video. The rest is deeper thought and discussion point which are mostly people that engage, interact or deep thinkers will stay on to watch. I actuall look at my retention ratio and if is within the percent that YouTube says is good, I dont really have a problem. As I grow and becoame an expert in my niche, I will just be thankful that they even clicked to watch me in the first place.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Try to tell a story with an interesting ending to keep your viewers on the edge of their seats. All though they may not necessarily watch until the end. When I make longer videos I tend to get higher view time. Maybe increase the length of your videos if you can.

Niki Proshin

Known Member
1 - Preview

As a viewer, when I see:
1. Preview - usually I skip all previews.
2. "Watch to the end for a _____" sometimes work very well for me if it's a VERY clear "for a ____" (not smth like "for another great tip from me").
3. Such pop ups... most likely I will close the video after seeing such stuff.

I think it depends on the channel's audience, sometimes such things work, sometimes they don't

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What gets me to watch to the end is just damn interesting content. If IΓÇÖm interested in it I will watch it. In this day and age of fast pace life everyone wants stuff quick quick quick. If itΓÇÖs a tutorial I guess the real interest comes in the person teaching and are they personable. Is it something that is interesting. Was it just click bait and it wasted my time. Personally click bait is the worst of the worst I hate it. IΓÇÖve unsubscribed from some of my long term youth era because they made a habit out of it and it was annoying when it wasnΓÇÖt like it is. Ask yourself would you watch it to the end. I ask myself that and sometimes itΓÇÖs a no but I still post as IΓÇÖm learning to be better and itΓÇÖs a great timeline to see how far youΓÇÖve come lol. Basically make interesting content and not too long. 5-15 mins for me . Longer than that an my mind wanders. Btw IΓÇÖm not taking my own advice hahahaha

Reactions: Damon

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Good audience retention is one of the hardest things to succeed with as a YouTuber. But you can start with yourself, you most likely have been watching a lot of other peoples videos throughout the years. Some videos you start watching but leave before they are over. Other videos you skip around, you watch for a while, jump forward, watch for a while, jump forward. And a few videos you watch all the way from the start to the end. What is the reason that you stop watching some videos early? What are the reason that you are skipping stuff jumping forward in some videos? And what was the reason that you watched from start to end in a video? Try to think and come up with reasons and then apply does reasons to your own videos.

Here are some reasons that can make myself stop watching videos early or jump forward in them:
Bad audio quality.
Bad video quality.
I find the voice annoying to listen to.
If it's hard to hear what the person is saying (mumbling etc).
If the person speaks in a foreign language and is really bad at pronouncing words.
If the person speaks with a accent that makes it hard for me to understand or just sounds annoying to me.
The video was not what I expected (got fooled by title/thumbnail).
It was a miss click, I didn't intend to watch that video.
Ads during the video.
Bad storytelling.
Getting of topic (for a few curtain individual that are really funny or great at storytelling getting off topic can be great but for most people it's not).
Spending 2 min to say something that could be said in 10 seconds.
Boring (what's boring depends on topic, for a vlog it could be personality or humor for an instruction video it could be a slow monotone voice).
Prolonging the video to reach a curtain timer. If you have content for 4 min but try to make a 10 min video 6 min of that video will most likely suck just make it a 4 min video.
Intros, if the are longer than 2-3 seconds I always skip them.
Taking to much time before starting the actual video. Some people talk for like 30-80 seconds before the video actually start. There is a reason people post timers in the comments like "skip to 1:36".

Last edited: