• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Views subtracted from a video?

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I posted my new weekly video last night, and immediately saw views climb. I checked this morning, and there were about 23 views on the video (I know, record-breaking numbers, right?). A bit later in the day, I went back and the views were down to 9. The've climbed back up throughout the day, but I have no idea why so many were deleted. Any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
Goode Life Outdoors

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
Ok, this happened again with my newest video. It showed 88 views first think this morning, then dropped it down to 80. Anyone else experiencing this?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
it's pretty common for YouTube to sometimes remove views. They'll sometimes "audit" videos to ensure the views are "valid". this is sometimes what happens if someone have watched your video with bots.

However, sometimes they have reporting bugs where the views drop and then return. At the end of the day, as long as you're not viewbotting or paying for views it shouldn't happen, but sometimes bots do come by to artifically inflate numbers. It happens to my instagram all the time. I get followers sometimes in the fitness world, those fitness accounts are actually bot accounts, instagram terminates those bot accounts, and thus I lose those views follows and likes. That's what happened with YouTube and is pretty common.

Some people also call it "the purge" where youtube will also delete subscribers who aren't real accounts. This happened to Tseries when they tried to overtake PewDiePie

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Goode Life Outdoors

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
I'm promoting the video on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but feel my viewership is fairly organic. We're not talking big numbers here, which is probably why I'm noticing. Thanks for the insight.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@Beanie Draws is absolutely right on this. it is also worth noting that you will occasionally see a discrepancy between the amount of views you get from time to time between YouTube Studio, Tubebuddy and the Creator Studio Ap as they don't all update simultaneously and YouTube will occasionally bottleneck view reports as they are going through the process mentioned by Beanie.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
@Beanie Draws is absolutely right on this. it is also worth noting that you will occasionally see a discrepancy between the amount of views you get from time to time between YouTube Studio, Tubebuddy and the Creator Studio Ap as they don't all update simultaneously and YouTube will occasionally bottleneck view reports as they are going through the process mentioned by Beanie.
Discrepancy is view reporting is a big issue. For example, my "estimated revenue" is always wrong in the studio app, but in youtube studio on desktop it's accurage. Also the same with subscriber count. It's often not always accurate across the board.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Discrepancy is view reporting is a big issue. For example, my "estimated revenue" is always wrong in the studio app, but in youtube studio on desktop it's accurage. Also the same with subscriber count. It's often not always accurate across the board.
Totally agree. I haven't checked my 'estimated revenue' in the ap (I check revenue analytics less than anything else period) but it doesn't surprise me that there is a difference between them. Subscriber count is almost always off by a few. And my lifetime views is snowballing in the difference I see between various aps; takes several days to get my awesome TubeBuddy milestone achievements after I hit them! Well worth the wait but man it is unnerving to wait for the big ones!