• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Once a DAY or Once a WEEK

pastorjskinner

TubeBuddy Pro
So, being a pastor for 25yrs I have plenty of content to post a video once a day for years ... (I also have a bible and that alone will produce enough content for eternity...)
Anyway, I currently post once a day Mon-Fri...my question is: Do I keep with my current schedule (which at times can be a struggle) or cut back to once a week. Is one method more beneficial than the other?
Also, my videos are 10min or less ... I can make much longer videos but want to remain true to my Page Title: Ten Minutes of Truth... But, would it be good to create a playlist of Full Sermons or just stick with what I've got going?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
As @Bounce Gaming says... keep it consistent! As long as you do that, you'll be fine. So pick a Day...or 2 days. And upload and release a Video at the same time every week on the days you pick.

I'll be honest, i drop 4 Videos a week. they all go at 3:45pm. And they drop Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun.
But here's the trick. I batch record. 8-12 Videos in one session. I set a whole day aside once every 2 weeks or 3 weeks to shoot videos, then the next day or 2 to edit them all. Sounds a lot, But if i can bang out 3 weeks of content (12 videos) in just 3-4 days, I'm laughing!!!

Ever since i started that schedule 3-4 months ago, that's when my views started to consistently climb!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So, being a pastor for 25yrs I have plenty of content to post a video once a day for years ... (I also have a bible and that alone will produce enough content for eternity...)
Anyway, I currently post once a day Mon-Fri...my question is: Do I keep with my current schedule (which at times can be a struggle) or cut back to once a week. Is one method more beneficial than the other?
Also, my videos are 10min or less ... I can make much longer videos but want to remain true to my Page Title: Ten Minutes of Truth... But, would it be good to create a playlist of Full Sermons or just stick with what I've got going?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Once a day is difficult, because it doesn't give your content a chance to breath and get served to your audience. YouTube doesn't serve a video right away to all viewers, it wants to see how it connects first, but if you upload a new piece day after day, those previous pieces aren't as relevant as the new ones, so youtube will keep pushing the new one, without the old one getting a chance.

Some channels THRIVE by daily, but it REALLY Depends the audience.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, it depends on the audience and your own limitations. I would say set a minimum number of videos per week to keep forward momentum, then set a max number to keep you from burning out.

Just be realistic is 5 videos per week going to be possible for you five, 10 or 20 years from now? Is once per week going to maintain enough momentum for whatever aspirations you have?

You will probably fall somewhere between those extremes. You may take a year and power load five a day for six months, see how you feel and look at the numbers, then taper back to two or three per week for the long haul.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I was doing it once a day for the longest time. And sometimes my newer videos would hardly get views. Recently I changed to every other day. I'm going to experiment and see how that goes. Might be helpful to see when your audience is online using analytics. Possibly experimenting adjusting your schedule with that in mind.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It sounds like once a day might be too much of a grind then maybe switch to an every other day (Mon,Wed,Fri). That will allow people to catch up if they aren't online one day and give you a bit more of a break.
As others have said consistency can be good. You can also check out the new YouTube analytic to see when your subscribers are on and that might help if you notice videos are binged on weekends maybe put out videos on Wed, Thur, Fri leading up to the weekend but give yourself a couple extra days.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been hearing a LOT of people say NOT to post daily, but rather give each video 48 hours of "breathing" space, as uploading daily can potentially take views away from highly performing videos, by releasing a new video too soon, that takes videos away from a high performing recent video. So I'd try for weekly, or twice weekly and see how that goes.

J_SinistaProductions

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've tried to post my content once a week or as needed. I see a lot of YT content creators state on their videos that they post once a week, on X day at X time. That works for some folks, but not everybody. Post on a consistent basis that works for you and the type of content you provide and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's a big jump to go from once a day to once a week. As suggested why not try three days a week or slowly reducing down and give your viewers change to get used to the new lesser schedule.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB