• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What time to post?

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Interested to know if you guys post at a certain time or just when your video is ready?

I try to post every Thursday but not always at a regular time.

What time do you find brings the most engagement or does it not matter?

HeresJonnyy

Interested to know if you guys post at a certain time or just when your video is ready?

I try to post every Thursday but not always at a regular time.

What time do you find brings the most engagement or does it not matter?
It something that is associated with whats best for your own audience. But if you are looking for peak times, then around lunch time or in the evening. thats when people are most likely back or taking a break from work or schoolwork and will watch youtube videos.

OP
OP
#ThreeQuotesThursday

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you HeresJonnyy

Good to know, I posted a bit earlier than usual today (9am) and not seeing the same levels as always, perhaps it will pick up more in the afternoon.

IΓÇÖll try next weeks video around lunchtime instead and see how that does.

Hi @#ThreeQuotesThursday

Well, for videos, the time you post isn't essential as long as you do it regularly, so your viewers know what to expect. If you live stream, there is a tool to see when your subscribers are online that Youtube newly released to an analytics page near you.

Best regards
Daniel
Thank you Daniel,

That is reassuring as I post every Thursday so I guess people will know to check on a Thursday or will see it pop up. It is slow gaining reach when a young channel IΓÇÖve heard, IΓÇÖve got 20 videos so far and starting to get more views etc... just checking if tune made a difference.

thanks again for your help on this

Reactions: HeresJonnyy

HeresJonnyy

Thank you HeresJonnyy

Good to know, I posted a bit earlier than usual today (9am) and not seeing the same levels as always, perhaps it will pick up more in the afternoon.

IΓÇÖll try next weeks video around lunchtime instead and see how that does.
thats awesome man! it's all about trial and error. im new to youtube so i am in the same boat as yourself.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Creator Insider just addressed this in a recent episode. Basically the time of a video drop doesn't really matter too much, although it is probably helpful if you tend to drop your video before the peak of when your audience is viewing. The more important aspect is what everybody else here is already saying; from a viewer's perspective it is important to be consistent with your videos so that they can come to expect your video and fit it into their schedule. If you are dropping videos randomly you run the risk of having subscribers forget to check or having your video get lost in their feeds.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/27772/ this new feature shows it:

Creator Insider just addressed this in a recent episode. Basically the time of a video drop doesn't really matter too much, although it is probably helpful if you tend to drop your video before the peak of when your audience is viewing. The more important aspect is what everybody else here is already saying; from a viewer's perspective it is important to be consistent with your videos so that they can come to expect your video and fit it into their schedule. If you are dropping videos randomly you run the risk of having subscribers forget to check or having your video get lost in their feeds.

This is crucial, since it helps effect view velocity aka how the video does in the first 60 minutes up to the first 48 hours.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You know what I'm sorry... I was kinda lookin' at this wrong. You are right about that and I apologize for the misinformation. I wasn't thinking about velocity so much as the audience schedule.

OP
OP
#ThreeQuotesThursday

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Another great and helpful answer, thank you Stanley.
Not too many views today so will see if that changes over the next few days or so

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB