• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How does the keyword algorithm work in youtube ?

testacct

Subscriber Goal
In my youtube channel i have uploaded around 60 videos and my views are at average of 60-80 views only .
I make content on movie review . Last week i had uploaded an video which got 500 views .. in fact i did not market the upload link on other social media platform too .

I am literally confused as to how come this one video managed to get noticed by universal audience . whereas other video did not . this was movie which got released in 2019 ..

would appreciate if any one helps me to understand this better

Reactions: HeresJonnyy

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @testacct

The youtube algorithm is built around what people are searching for and then what they watch. Maybe the videos you produce aren't better than the competition for retaining viewers on the platform, or perhaps there aren't enough people that search for that video.

The Keyword Explorer tool in TubeBuddy could help you plan your topics and see how much search volume and competition there are for a specific topic.

Best regards
Daniel

HeresJonnyy

In my youtube channel i have uploaded around 60 videos and my views are at average of 60-80 views only .
I make content on movie review . Last week i had uploaded an video which got 500 views .. in fact i did not market the upload link on other social media platform too .

I am literally confused as to how come this one video managed to get noticed by universal audience . whereas other video did not . this was movie which got released in 2019 ..

would appreciate if any one helps me to understand this better
Hi mate,

the aglorithm works via keywords that are being searched for. the best ones are the keywords that are highly searched but have little competition. The best way to work it is to put the keyword in your title, your description and your tags. use targeted keywords and vague keywords. For example, lasagne easy recipe would be a specific keyword, but easy recipes or cooking tutorial would be a vague keyword that's more mainstream.

like what Kalas said, use the keyword explorer and look for keywords and video topics associated with that target keyword. hope this helped. good luck with the channel.

Reactions: testacct

dido87

Hi, it all depends on what people are looking for right now, example: If you make a video for Christmas and upload it now, there will be no views, but in December they will increase. Don't give up