• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review How can I get more views on my videos and get a longer audience retention

DiptZy

Subscriber Goal
User name: DiptZy
Title of thread: How can I get more views on my videos and get a longer audience retention
Self review: So I started uploading videos a few weeks ago and IΓÇÖve seen that my videos get a somewhat good amount of views for being a beginner, but I want to learn how I can get a lot more people to view my videos/channel and how I can get them to watch my videos for a longer amount of time
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD36mXpw7DE503VzoIZKW7g
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/27939/

pastorjskinner

TubeBuddy Pro
So DiptZy I'm new to the whole YouTube world as well...sitting in the same place as you 34 subs and 50 or less views per video. However my audience retention averages over 5min for a 7-10min video (different Genre of course.)

Anyway, here is what i see on your page...good cover page, good thumbnails, and good titles. Only watched on video "Best Goals Compilation"...I would think you would want to start your video with your introduction, call to action, and what the video is about. In the video there is 23 seconds of background music unrelated then your intro, CTA...the first clip started 47seconds.
THe content was good and the clips were stellar but the first minute...if you want to land them you have to hook them first.

Hope this helps!

Bounce Gaming

TubeBuddy User
Hey DiptZy.

love the content, I can tell you worked hard on your videos. The intro is a bit on the longer side at 15 seconds, you can maybe shorten that up. Also, I donΓÇÖt think the image while youΓÇÖre hyping up the video is needed, it just looks like a thumbnail 2.0, maybe you can talk over the content instead.

keep up the good work!

OP
OP
DiptZy

DiptZy

Subscriber Goal
Ok, IΓÇÖll take that into consideration for the next video. Thanks
Is it the picture just not I guess ΓÇ£entertainingΓÇ¥ in a way? Does it draw you away?

Drivenprogressive

Subscriber Goal
hey bud i checked out your channel and in my definitely not expert opinion i think your intro is to long 20 seconds is a long time but the transitions and music was good think you have a good idea

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
You channel pages look good. But as a viewer I never look at anyone's channel page. I do not know how important they may be; does anyone look at them? I may open the 'videos' page if I want to see what else you have, but the rest of the pages... I never look at.

The intro is a bit long. I would either click away, or click about 30 seconds over on the scrubber. I try to look at my vids from the viewer's perspective. When I did that, the first thing I did was get rid of my intro (I moved to an outro). As a viewer I want the content, not opening credits. Now I splash the thumbnail/title and start talking within 3 seconds. People click away quickly otherwise. On some vids I will show a short intro of what I am talking about, to try and get their attention. I have heard it helps... not sure that I see any real difference.

As a viewer I like the videos to get straight to the point. Depending on the genre, comic, tutorial, gaming, get to it quickly before people click away. As you get more analytic data you may see a large drop off at the beginning of a lot of videos.

skrach

Subscriber Goal
In addition to what others have said. Start thinking about channel organization now. I see you've created playlists but haven't organized them into shelves on your channel page.

It's not a huge issue right now because you only have seven videos... but as you post more, keeping the default uploads shelf can be confusing to viewers. It's always better for the viewer to make it easier for them to find what they want to watch.

Best of luck.

-skrach