• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Subs subscribe unsubscribe and so forth.....

Eclecticstyle

Subscriber Goal
Does anyone or has anyone ever had issues with the numbers of subs going up then down, then up and back down ex: (peeps) subscribing and then unsubscribe?
I find this annoying and wonder if it can be a glitch or truth be told ppl are just not finding my content informative.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I have no idea if i'm honest. I used to get a few unsubs last year, but i don't generally notice now. It could be just growing pains...as in people not liking new content. It could be competition "accidentally subbing"... i had that in the early days! (thats quite funny).

However, I'd take it as a good thing. Think of it as weeding your garden. I know people chase Subs, but don't. Chase views instead. Make that the metric you check. If you get decent views, the RIGHT people will Sub and hang around and then watch future content.

Hope that helps!

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone or has anyone ever had issues with the numbers of subs going up then down, then up and back down ex: (peeps) subscribing and then unsubscribe?
I find this annoying and wonder if it can be a glitch or truth be told ppl are just not finding my content informative.

Everyone experience this as creator. Have stopped chasing sub. Sub doesnt add much once you enter the Youtube programme, what you need is views. As you create those azazing videos, your sub will increase, far above the unsubs. I think when we are small channel we notice it more but as we grow we don't even notice it.

Reactions: Eclecticstyle

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As a small channel this is a frequent thing. IΓÇÖm not sure why but IΓÇÖve just come to learn to live with it. ItΓÇÖs hard when youΓÇÖre a small channel not to take it to heart but itΓÇÖs not usually a thing youΓÇÖve done. There is a lot of sub for sub going on in YouTube and I for one wish it could be stamped out once and for all. Try to be more concerned at viewing time as this is what will allow youtube to promote your stuff to more people. Remember slow and steady wins the race

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

It's common and uncontrollable we lose subs everyday, but it's the ones we gain we should focus on. The only time you should worry is if you put up a new video and you lose A LOT or almost all subs, then that's a sign, otherwise it's out of our control.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I rarely pay attention to the actual number, until I get close to a number that catches my interest (usually even 1,000s). When I notice them, yes the go up & down. The main thing is the trend is up. You cannot worry too much about the details... although I am usually a detail guy...

If you gain 90 and lose 10 - you still went up 80 - and that is good.

jtaylor1409

bit.ly
Subscriber Goal
Yeah to be honest it is something I've noticed happening on my channel too but as already mentioned above I try and base my channel success now on views rather than subscribers as there isn't really much weight in just having 1k subs or so anymore.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah get used to that, it's all part of the game. Darrel Eves just did a video about this. It's commonplace and happens at the highest levels.

OP
OP
Eclecticstyle

Eclecticstyle

Subscriber Goal
It's common and uncontrollable we lose subs everyday, but it's the ones we gain we should focus on. The only time you should worry is if you put up a new video and you lose A LOT or almost all subs, then that's a sign, otherwise it's out of our control.
Thanks for this feedback

As a small channel this is a frequent thing. IΓÇÖm not sure why but IΓÇÖve just come to learn to live with it. ItΓÇÖs hard when youΓÇÖre a small channel not to take it to heart but itΓÇÖs not usually a thing youΓÇÖve done. There is a lot of sub for sub going on in YouTube and I for one wish it could be stamped out once and for all. Try to be more concerned at viewing time as this is what will allow youtube to promote your stuff to more people. Remember slow and steady wins the race
Thank you Ted! You are right

I rarely pay attention to the actual number, until I get close to a number that catches my interest (usually even 1,000s). When I notice them, yes the go up & down. The main thing is the trend is up. You cannot worry too much about the details... although I am usually a detail guy...

If you gain 90 and lose 10 - you still went up 80 - and that is good.
Very good point and good way of seeing it :) thank you

Everyone experience this as creator. Have stopped chasing sub. Sub doesnt add much once you enter the Youtube programme, what you need is views. As you create those azazing videos, your sub will increase, far above the unsubs. I think when we are small channel we notice it more but as we grow we don't even notice it.
Thank you!