• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Have you ever felt the peer pressure around you with subscribers?

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Younger generation youtubers have allot of problems when it comes to subscribers. It is like both peers are competing on who can get the most subscribers.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
I'm a bit older so I've never felt any peer pressure, then again I didn't when I was younger either. And I don't know many YouTubers to compare myself to.

But as we all are trying to create our communities you want these to be as large as possible. In my case because I want many knowledgeable people that could help out if I ever am not able to get to all the points of a subject. Always nice if someone else can add extra information when needed.

But one should not compare your effort with someone else, some of it is chance and the other is just pure work and if you put in work you will achieve your goal.

I never felt that I didn't reach what I wanted even if I tried. There is a lot of things I did not achieve but then again I didn't put in the work. I believe that if I worked my butt off I could become an Olympic athlete but I would never put in so much work into that goal. If I wanted to become an opera singer at an early age I could have put in the work and trained myself enough to become one. And if I wanted to become one of the larger channels on youtube I could quit my job and learn everything I need to know, take every opportunity for advertisement and create content every waken hour of my day in order to reach the top. But I will probably not do that either.

Hope this helps

Best regards
Daniel

Reactions: Josh Tan

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, peer pressure? Nah, I don't have friends in the first place so good luck with that XD

I don't really care for other people's sub count, but I also don't watch other channels in my niche so...
I do feel a bit pressured from my own subs lol, though that's mainly me being me.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Younger generation youtubers have allot of problems when it comes to subscribers. It is like both peers are competing on who can get the most subscribers.

Peer pressure, sub war, content originality tussle you name is in my niche. The back-ground of my channel is basically lifeissues and news around Africa and to be frank the older YouTube doing this are brutal. They are so unfriendly and fighting a class war with each other not to talk of we that are starting. Thats why I am here though. I learn a lot instead of asking any of them to help me as they wont.

Yeap, the peer competion is sooo bad that even the Youtube Fair Use poilcy can get you into trouble. Is like a dog house.

• Love

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't really treat my competitors as competitors, I often treat those as possible collaborators, so I don't really have a problem with those.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
This is gonna sound weird, but the only Pressure i have is from the "Nicer" comments on my Channel. It's totally humbling and they really mean well, but i often get comments like "Oh my God, I love your stuff. You're my favourite Bartender... How have you ONLY got 3000 Subscribers?!"

On one hand they are incredibly amazing to see and hear, but then on the other hand, I've been doing my Videos the same length of time as 2 of my 'competitors', one of which has 900k Subs and 150k views a day. The other has 300k Subs and 100k views a day.

So on one hand, its incredible to be compared to them as a Channel. But on the other hand, being compared to them with my 3600 Subs and 3000-6000 views a day does leave a little sting.
I absolutely love my journey, i know its not a race. But when i see those comments, I often have a slight "How have they got so many Subs, so quickly" thought.