• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Youtube .......and taxes

dean the rat

Known Member
So i was doing a little research and i found that the money eaters (irs) have you pay taxes on youtube as well.... how much is that for starting channel who just passes 1000, im curious as i have not known this and want more info on it and if the taxes are a arm and a leg and if you left yt do you still pay....i know i am only 109 subs but for future knowledge (US) as well if that helps....thanks

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Apparently in the Philippines, we don't pay taxes for AdSense revenues subject to allowable deductions.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @dean the rat

I don't know how US works but in Sweden we just call the tax authority and they give you the answer, and they are really friendly. I guess they want the money.

I had a business and created some Android apps and also started a youtube channel. So I called them up and asked if I needed to pay taxes for my hobby.
They asked me if I earned more than 50k per year. And when the answer was no then they said that was just fine.

So I guess I won't have to worry about my youtube channel for years to come :)

Asking in a forum even if someone might know some of the answer I think the right way for you is to seek out the answer from a lawyer that knows, tax laws can be soooo confusing so it always depends.

Hope this helps

Best regards
Daniel

Reactions: Niki Proshin

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm pretty sure I have a few years before I even need to worry about this!

It's an interesting question though. I'm in the US, and I assume Youtube sends some form of tax info yearly during tax time if they've sent you any checks for that tax year?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So i was doing a little research and i found that the money eaters (irs) have you pay taxes on youtube as well.... how much is that for starting channel who just passes 1000, im curious as i have not known this and want more info on it and if the taxes are a arm and a leg and if you left yt do you still pay....i know i am only 109 subs but for future knowledge (US) as well if that helps....thanks

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBmHRCln5s

Great video from Roberto Blake on this subject! It does matter, he also has many others on how it all works :)