• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered How can you divide a YouTube video into sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how to divide a single YouTube video into sections like so - https://bit.ly/3fetPbU

Here is link to the example in question -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4oZZhpMXP4&t=1468s

I've tried putting timestamps in the Description - but this didn't work. It's for a new video I want to release.

Best wishes,

Marko
I think it more of editing work there. They had the same picture but the had different edit music that were in section. Which editing software are you using now. It should be able to be done through editing.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a beta feature from YouTube.
I have access to it.
This is correct it's only some that have it, and not all videos will :/
hold on, when you say not all videos will? do you mean not all videos will have access to it, or just that it won't be applicable to some videos?
I have access to it. I've only tested it on one video so far, but this makes me wonder if only some videos will be "allowed" to use it, or weather some videos won't be as suitable to it. I'm under the impression from creator insider that it WILL be available to all users eventually.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have access to it.

hold on, when you say not all videos will? do you mean not all videos will have access to it, or just that it won't be applicable to some videos?
I have access to it. I've only tested it on one video so far, but this makes me wonder if only some videos will be "allowed" to use it, or weather some videos won't be as suitable to it. I'm under the impression from creator insider that it WILL be available to all users eventually.

Currently some users have it some don't. You should be able to do it on ALL videos if you do have it, but I'm unsure, but as you said it will come to everyone eventually :D

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
In a recent Creators Insiders video they announced that it has now rolled out for everyone. But to make it work - you have to start your first time stamp with 0:00 Anything else will add time stamps, but not the chapter marks.

I am not sure if I love it more as a creator or as a viewer, but I know I love it :)

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
~Edit~
Here is the video from Creators Insiders
View: https://youtu.be/cyDnxaXspEY

I was wrong, they said it will be rolling out over the next couple weeks. I had it immediately, and did not hear him say it was rolling out. You have to mark your first time stamp with 0:00, there have to be at least 3 chapters, they must be at least 10 seconds long. If it meets that criteria the marks will appear on the video scrub bar. If you do not follow that format the time stamps will work in the description, in the old way, but it will 'opt out' of bookmarks for that video.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In a recent Creators Insiders video they announced that it has now rolled out for everyone. But to make it work - you have to start your first time stamp with 0:00 Anything else will add time stamps, but not the chapter marks.

I am not sure if I love it more as a creator or as a viewer, but I know I love it :)
I initally did the 0:00 as a starting chapter so I guess that's why it worked well for me :) such a nifty little trick for tutorial makers :)

Reactions: LisaMBM
Status
Not open for further replies.