• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear Need Mic recommendation

VU IQ

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel about one month ago. I could not buy a mic due to lockdown. Now that the restrictions have eased, I am planning to buy a budget mic. I can afford at most 10$, giving that our currency is much depreciated and I just have my pocket money to invest.
Should I buy or not? Can you please watch my videos to see if audio is right? I currently record with my laptop mic. I am searching for a collar mic.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, for $10, there isn't much point in recommendations. Like @Damon says, Just find the cheapest Lav mic you can find.

However, if you can push the Budget slightly more, say $30. Then the Boya BY-M1 Lav mic is an absolute steal. Amazing quality. Easily up there with the $100 Mics.

OP
OP
VU IQ

VU IQ

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
uh....ok I guess i'll stick to my laptop mic then as 30$ means 5000 rupees whereas average salary here is about 20000 rupees.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
uh....ok I guess i'll stick to my laptop mic then as 30$ means 5000 rupees whereas average salary here is about 20000 rupees.
Why not save up for it? A laptop mic isn't the best audio quality and you can improve it massively by getting a lav mic.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel about one month ago. I could not buy a mic due to lockdown. Now that the restrictions have eased, I am planning to buy a budget mic. I can afford at most 10$, giving that our currency is much depreciated and I just have my pocket money to invest.
Should I buy or not? Can you please watch my videos to see if audio is right? I currently record with my laptop mic. I am searching for a collar mic.

The Boya M1 mic is cheap, save up for another month and you can pick it up, its 21.00 CAD. Not sure what country you are from?

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, for $10, there isn't much point in recommendations. Like @Damon says, Just find the cheapest Lav mic you can find.

However, if you can push the Budget slightly more, say $30. Then the Boya BY-M1 Lav mic is an absolute steal. Amazing quality. Easily up there with the $100 Mics.

totally didn't read your reply sorry for giving the same response, my bad :(