• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Still any spam comments in your videos?

Fathur Rozy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If there any spam or bulk comment in my video, I prefer to use filtered comment. On my video comment setting.
Don't forget to use that setting before post a video.

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I still get spam type of comments every now and then, I am gonna try to use filtered comments in the future.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't really get them as often. I used to get them whenever I mod the TB stream, but ever since YouTube removed the option to go to people's channels via chat, it's been pretty quiet :)

Either way, they tend to get stuck in the "likely spam" section haha.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I suggest putting common spam words like "Friends" "subs" "plz" "subscribe to me" etc into your banned words filter, that way any word that's regularly shown as a spam comment, won't show publically and will end in your spam folder. The less people who see spam comments in your comments, hopefully will mean the less inclined they are to try spam your comments. It's like growing a seed. If you plant a seed, and maintain that seed by removing the weeds at the roots, you'll have less weeds grow. But if you don't take action, the weeds will overtake the comments and more weeds will come along. So my bad words filter is MASSIVE. I'm now manually approving more inncent comments than I am deleting bad comments. I am in control of my comments, and I'm constantly learning new words to add.

"Friends" and "Friend" is a new addition to my banned words pile. If someone says "I drew one of your tutorials for my friend" I simply manually approve it :)

Reactions: ASMRSadie

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There are so many gaming channels that I find spamming my channel. I just like them and ignore them. I figure a comment is a comment, right?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
There are so many gaming channels that I find spamming my channel. I just like them and ignore them. I figure a comment is a comment, right?
I recommend checking @Stanley Orchard's thread about the perfect comment ;)

A comment is a comment, sure, but the nice thing about the comment section is the ability to connect with your audience. If there are spammers on your channel, all they're really doing is taking up space. Imagine it being a loiterer inside/outside your store lol.

Reactions: Aaron and ASMRSadie

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I recommend checking @Stanley Orchard's thread about the perfect comment ;)

A comment is a comment, sure, but the nice thing about the comment section is the ability to connect with your audience. If there are spammers on your channel, all they're really doing is taking up space. Imagine it being a loiterer inside/outside your store lol.
you're probably right haha. Thanks for sharing the link btw!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I suggest putting common spam words like "Friends" "subs" "plz" "subscribe to me" etc into your banned words filter, that way any word that's regularly shown as a spam comment, won't show publically and will end in your spam folder. The less people who see spam comments in your comments, hopefully will mean the less inclined they are to try spam your comments. It's like growing a seed. If you plant a seed, and maintain that seed by removing the weeds at the roots, you'll have less weeds grow. But if you don't take action, the weeds will overtake the comments and more weeds will come along. So my bad words filter is MASSIVE. I'm now manually approving more inncent comments than I am deleting bad comments. I am in control of my comments, and I'm constantly learning new words to add.

"Friends" and "Friend" is a new addition to my banned words pile. If someone says "I drew one of your tutorials for my friend" I simply manually approve it :)

Maybe we can make a tool that auto adds words to ban if you're interested in them.... hmmm :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Maybe we can make a tool that auto adds words to ban if you're interested in them.... hmmm :)
wonder if that could include adding words from chat? I often see sly little attempts at self promotion and sub begging with intentionally misspelled things, and the good old "hug" that makes me quietly add them while watching streams. 5 years ago I would never have thought "friend" and "hug" to be a "Bad" word, but in 2020, hug is the alternative to "sub" and all other variations :p but if there can be tools added to help manage that I'm all for it :)

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I get that bot msgs for being youtube friends usually after 3-4 vids apparently the bots love my channel :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
there actually used to be a bad spate of "oh yeah yeah" with the tommy waisu avatar ALL over YouTube, some of those avatars still linger, but it seems these new bots are a new version of that. Give it 6 months and they'll probably be tackled, then a new wave of bots will come along.

• Sad
Reactions: Ameen