• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to take advantage of Trending Topics on Twitter for YouTube

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would like to share with you some techniques on how to take advantage of trending topics on Twitter and get a lot of views.

Some hashtags like #ThrowbackThursday for example, tend to be saturated, but specific hashtags like the hashtag used on my most viewed video on my channel tend to do very well if the topic used is trending for one day.

The first thing to do is know the hashtag or tagline in advance for you to join their thing called a Twitter Party. What's a Twitter Party? it's where fans try to trend certain topics on Twitter. It always happens every day in the Philippines. No wonder the PH is the social media capital of the world.

Second, use that hashtag on your tweet to share your video on Twitter. Make the video relevant to the trending topic. Don't share a video that has nothing to do with the topic that is trending. Using a hashtag for promoting videos that have nothing to do with the topic will not work.

Thanks to the fans of artists I enjoy, and with the power of Twitter, I get around an average of 500 views per video that used a hashtag, with one of my videos reaching 1,000 views using a hashtag that was trending.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
ThatΓÇÖs a smart idea! Thanks for the tip! Might have to try it sometime. Do you have a big Twitter following? I never had much luck on twitter but I only shared my videos and other things. Never used this strategy.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
But what do you do when those hashtags have nothing to do with your niche?

Well that's why knowing your niche is important, for example their might be micro trends, in camera gear it's when a new camera or lens drops, just depends your niche and how you react to it :D

Reactions: Damon

Niki Proshin

Known Member
Never thought about twitter in this way, gonna see if there're any trending hashtags that fit my videos

OP
OP
IanDominicTV

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ThatΓÇÖs a smart idea! Thanks for the tip! Might have to try it sometime. Do you have a big Twitter following? I never had much luck on twitter but I only shared my videos and other things. Never used this strategy.
Well, I use trending hashtags but do gain a lot of attention from fans, I only have 400 followers though.

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I would like to share with you some techniques on how to take advantage of trending topics on Twitter and get a lot of views.

Some hashtags like #ThrowbackThursday for example, tend to be saturated, but specific hashtags like the hashtag used on my most viewed video on my channel tend to do very well if the topic used is trending for one day.

The first thing to do is know the hashtag or tagline in advance for you to join their thing called a Twitter Party. What's a Twitter Party? it's where fans try to trend certain topics on Twitter. It always happens every day in the Philippines. No wonder the PH is the social media capital of the world.

Second, use that hashtag on your tweet to share your video on Twitter. Make the video relevant to the trending topic. Don't share a video that has nothing to do with the topic that is trending. Using a hashtag for promoting videos that have nothing to do with the topic will not work.

Thanks to the fans of artists I enjoy, and with the power of Twitter, I get around an average of 500 views per video that used a hashtag, with one of my videos reaching 1,000 views using a hashtag that was trending.
I'm not on twitter I must try this , thank you for sharing fellow..

• Love
Reactions: IanDominicTV

TheChauffeurcom

Hi, I watched the live webinar last week and Andrew explained how to view trends in each country via TubeBuddy. I cannot seem to find how to do this, can anyone remind me please? Thank you.

xPedro98

@Andrew I was very interested in this webinar on how to identify trends in different countries. Is it available anywhere to watch?