• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Marketing Channel

Tshiamelo

Hi YouTubers

i have been marketing my channel on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Instagram and Twitter didnΓÇÖt yield much results. My question is what are other channels to use to market my channel

• Love
Reactions: Kelly McKenzie

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am curious what others will say. Personally I have not had much luck with using other social media sites to promote my channel. I think a lot of people just see mentioning YT channels as spammy (even if done sparingly). Or maybe they are just there for other things, and not interested in vids at that time.

YouTube is already the 2nd largest search engine online. I think it is better to work on being discoverable on YT. Which is why I like TubeBuddy :)

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, social media is a lame duck if you're looking for more views and subs. The only reason do it is to build extra links for the YouTube bots to see that it's being shared.

Niche forums are your best bet for views and subs when it comes to marketing/promoting your channel. However, keep this in mind: You can't just join a forum and blast spam your content there. You have to become a true member of that community. The whole reason social media is lackluster in promoting your YouTube videos is because the only reason most YouTubers use social media is to blast spam their content.

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Cross

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have found my Facebook page to be very successful with additional views and subscribers coming from there. I have had limited success on Twitter. I have yet to try Instagram but not sure if I want to learn it just yet!! I have heard that reddit can be a useful platform to gain likes and views but at the same time reddit users can be harsh!! Has anyone else heard anything similar about reddit?

Reactions: Damon

VESam

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Reddit is full of trolls, you don't want to build a toxic community which is why I don't intend on using it to promote my channel. The aim of the channel should be to build a loyal viewer base so word of mouth is definitely the best way of promoting it. It all depends on the niche of course however start from the ground and build up.

If you have a comedy channel for example, ask your friends to subscribe and be active on the channel. Message them privately as they're more likely to take action. Sharing on your timeline gets missed easily and people don't tent to pay attention. However it's important not to randomly just pop up with a link, unless you're really close friends, have a genuine conversation - ask how they are etc. Then politely ask if they don't mind subscribing. Putting in that extra effort will get a lot more results.

That's the ground level. Build the next level by asking your closest friends to do the same thing to their friends. Feature them in a video, it'll give them reason to promote the channel. Getting two or three friends to do this will expose you to more people. If each of them ask 20 people, that's 60 people you wouldn't have been able to target.

Once you've done that, it's all about creating good content. If it's a comedy channel, upload a hilarious video, spend hours on it if you need to as that video will be crucial. You have a new audience who will be notified of the upload and click on it to watch - if they find it funny, they'll share it with their friends. Their friends will then share it with their friends. The chain goes on. It's also really important to ask them to share - in the middle of the video, spend 20 seconds asking people to share and subscribe. Call to action will remind people to take action.

Now you can focus on putting out good content and sharing it on your social media channels using your usual methods, in the off chance someone new stumbles across it and checks it out.

I've started on the very first base - asking my friends to personally subscribe and be active when I do upload videos if they enjoy the content. That's how I've got 9 subscribers already without posting a video and I've only asked 9 people. I've got a lot more promoting to do myself!

Good luck!

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
@VESam thanks for this information it is very valuable and I will now certainly stay clear of Reddit.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
My own personal experience Facebook has been very instrumental for my growth. I have a facebook gorup and page which is growing like a community. I post my videos there and have created a loyal fan who watch and share my video everyday. I have game night and video search days when I do freebies and small cash give aways. I know am not making money yet on Youtube, what I am building is strong followers. My facebook group now runs on auto pilot but I have admin runnining it now with people now actively posting topic that are trending. celebrate everybodies birthday everyday. I do have instagram and twitter but I just upload my videos on twitter and do just do a little post on new videos on Instagram. Facebook is good I will say, but it requires you building the followers and community for them to help you build your channel.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Some good advice here. I have just started my sons Facebook page in the last 2 days!!

ryanq

I'm still fairly new to the whole YouTube thing, and I have been sharing links to my videos on Facebook and Instagram. So far, it's really only given slight results, but I think it will pay off if I keep at it.

I'm not sure how valid my advice is since I'm really only starting, but give it time to grow, and keep promoting your videos through social media without being too spammy. Find the platform that works best for your niche and start there. For example, I make travel videos, so I use Instagram more than the others to show off pictures of locations, etc.

Rusty Smith

Subscriber Goal
From what I have read Facebook does not give the same publicity to YouTube videos posted in groups or on users newsfeeds since it causes viewers to leave the platform(YouTube is a competitor). You are better off posting the best clips or cuts of your latest videos directly to Facebook and asking users to check out your page(which would feature your brand or personality). You can cross post these clips on insta, tiktok, WhatsApp groups, etc.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, I took a video and cut it up into quick summary(to be viewed on a mobile device):

I am still working on implementing this, has anyone else re-used content like this? how do you do it?

Reactions: ryanq