• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion What is Your Opinion on Anime?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
So I saw this lovely comment thread while looking through the recommended video lol.

1588283507069.png

It makes me think :thinking: I've known people who say that anime is for kids, but have personally never met someone who says that anime will... ruin your credibility.

What's your opinion on anime?

My first entertainment show was an anime, and it's been with me all my life. So I'm always confused when I see people hate on anime as an animated media. That's a lie, I have an idea why. lol

Reactions: Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Lol wow that's crazy!!! Ruin your credibility? :joy:. That's their opinion really. People have preferences but I don't think a comment like that was necessary tho. I'm sure everyone at one point in their lives have watched anime.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I saw this lovely comment thread while looking through the recommended video lol.

View attachment 5128

It makes me think :thinking: I've known people who say that anime is for kids, but have personally never met someone who says that anime will... ruin your credibility.

What's your opinion on anime?

My first entertainment show was an anime, and it's been with me all my life. So I'm always confused when I see people hate on anime as an animated media. That's a lie, I have an idea why. lol

I've actually enjoyed the anime I've consumed a lot. I think like any art it's a great thing! You should always of course try to expand your exposure to art! However, I'd say that it's not going to ruin your life, but might consume a huge part of it haha

Reactions: Jonnoi

Judo Cruise Gaming

TubeBuddy Star
I don't like how overly sexualized everything tends to be in many animes. I could probably get into it more if it weren't for that. Makes me feel like a creep looking at such a thing (99% sure you guys know what I'm talking about, and what I'm not talking about, in terms of overly sexualized anime characters)

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There are some animes I watch like Yakitake Japan which aired in the Philippines, and I enjoyed it. The others not so much.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm getting more into Anime, but I mostly like it for the animation and art form. It has to be very interesting visually for me to bother. A lot of it is simply cringey, but I've seem some fantastic (and strange) movies by Studio Ghibly (however it's spelled)

Mr Nicky Wilde

It depends, sometime i like (for the graphic), sometime i don't like (too long for something that we made in 5 minutes or often silly) but it's a source of meme