• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Staying motivated

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys, so since I implemented strats from here and tubebuddy for tags I've definitely seen an uptick in everything which is amazing. My twitch channel is also doing a little better and i've been really focused and driven to have a real go while I'm off work and have the time to push my channel.
I have one video that has been picked up by the algorithm that is picking up most of my views but my other videos have actually dropped a little to getting around just 10 views again (some were hitting 30 and 40 before). Because the one video that is doing amazing is a sports games tutorial I decided to switch my channel to just doing sports games with longer form series. I was hoping I'd pick up views in general but I seem to have stagnated in my daily uploads.

How do you stay motivated when you seem to get one step forward but then hit a bit of a wall? My worry is once I can go back to work i won't be able to keep the uploads to 6 days a week and it'll of all been for nothing. I've really enjoyed keeping a schedule this past month but was hoping to come away a little more ahead than I am.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Motivation is the most important part. For me it's developing strategic thinking. Strategy is all about why you're doing something. How to do something is tactical. What you need to do something is logistical.

You may not be able to post as often when you get back to work, but that's fine. That's a matter of logistics. Your reason why is your strategy and the most important. It keeps you going.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I have a similar approach to what Damon is saying. If I hit a wall it helps to have some fun with it. Watch one of your favorite YouTubers and have some fun implementing some of the stuff they do in your own work. personally I like to watch Peter McKinnon and get excited trying to reproduce some of his amazing camera shots in my videos, or I'll get a laugh out of a Leon Lush or Whang! video and implement their comedic style into a video. This makes the process a little more fun for me and helps push me through the next video.

Reactions: ASMRSadie
OP
OP
Welcome to Gaming

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I have a similar approach to what Damon is saying. If I hit a wall it helps to have some fun with it. Watch one of your favorite YouTubers and have some fun implementing some of the stuff they do in your own work. personally I like to watch Peter McKinnon and get excited trying to reproduce some of his amazing camera shots in my videos, or I'll get a laugh out of a Leon Lush or Whang! video and implement their comedic style into a video. This makes the process a little more fun for me and helps push me through the next video.
I like that, I make my own music and find listening to some of my favourite artists helps in that realm so I guess this would be a similar approach.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Though I have lack of motivation, I am still here, creating content on YouTube.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys, so since I implemented strats from here and tubebuddy for tags I've definitely seen an uptick in everything which is amazing. My twitch channel is also doing a little better and i've been really focused and driven to have a real go while I'm off work and have the time to push my channel.
I have one video that has been picked up by the algorithm that is picking up most of my views but my other videos have actually dropped a little to getting around just 10 views again (some were hitting 30 and 40 before). Because the one video that is doing amazing is a sports games tutorial I decided to switch my channel to just doing sports games with longer form series. I was hoping I'd pick up views in general but I seem to have stagnated in my daily uploads.

How do you stay motivated when you seem to get one step forward but then hit a bit of a wall? My worry is once I can go back to work i won't be able to keep the uploads to 6 days a week and it'll of all been for nothing. I've really enjoyed keeping a schedule this past month but was hoping to come away a little more ahead than I am.
Look at things in the long run. The more videos that you post, the more practice you will get in and the better you will become. YouΓÇÖre channel will grow overtime. My videos tend to get between 100-1000 views on average. My most recent one that I posted has been up a little over 4 hours and has under 100 views. A bit less than normal. But I know itΓÇÖs only going to help my channel eventually.
Have you considered trying to create multiple videos to publish later on? Sometimes IΓÇÖll have time to make 5-10 videos in a single sitting. So that way Im able to post them for close to a week or two.

OP
OP
Welcome to Gaming

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Look at things in the long run. The more videos that you post, the more practice you will get in and the better you will become. YouΓÇÖre channel will grow overtime. My videos tend to get between 100-1000 views on average. My most recent one that I posted has been up a little over 4 hours and has under 100 views. A bit less than normal. But I know itΓÇÖs only going to help my channel eventually.
Have you considered trying to create multiple videos to publish later on? Sometimes IΓÇÖll have time to make 5-10 videos in a single sitting. So that way Im able to post them for close to a week or two.
Hi, yes with the time we have at the moment I'm trying to get ahead of the game with it, I'm hoping to bulk up so if we end up back at work i'll have some videos ready to go. I'm posting 5 a week at the moment though so it'll be one hell of a bulk recording.

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think the most important part to keeping motivated is to make your channel's focus about something you truly love.

I started a motovlog channel because I love motorcycle riding. Sure motovlog channels aren't the best niche for finding "success" on Youtube, but I've been riding for my entire life and it's something I'm passionate and knowledgeable about. I could have made an unboxing channel or a cat video channel, but I know those topics wouldn't hold my interest for very long, and making videos like that every week would wear me out.

Work doesn't feel like work when you enjoy doing it!

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here's what I noticed when I do my videos, if it's a topic that you know dearly, you will enjoy what you do and have more motivation to do the video.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Motivation is the Easy Part for me. I'm a competitive little bugger...BUT, I compete with myself.
Every day i try to do one thing that will get me closer to my goal. Just ONE THING. it can be a big thing, or it can be a tiny thing. But the key is to just focus on One thing per day.

The big thing can be editing and publishing a new video and making sure its SEOd better than the last. But the small things could be tweaking thumbnails, finding new tags, commenting on ther Videos in your niche. researching next videos. Sharing a video somewhere.

For me though, i have a different approach.
The one thing i do every day is to LEARN ONE NEW THING that will get me closer to my goal. Audio Books, Podcasts, Facebook Groups, this Forum...!!

If you just take this Forum for example, each and every day, you could dive in and look back at all the old topics. Look for Topics with questions or problems that people have asked. Look at the answers. Digest and absorb all that information. If you just did that one thing every day. 15/20 mins out of your day on one post with lots of comments. Just think of how much knowledge you'd have by the end of the month, let alone the end of the year. For me, Self Improvement is my key to my Motivation. If i learn something new every day, i can implement that every day and then i'll be closer to my dream. But i do need to compete with myself to do that. So if i get 30,000 views in a week...then next week, what can i do to make that 35,000 views. If you constantly compete with yourself and more importanly REWARD yourself when you win, you will LOVE the journey!!!

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Staying motivated can be hard as it really depends on why you are creating videos. If you are doing it for fun at times it can get repetitive especially as you try to get a video out on a schedule. For me I found the goal to be the hope that I'm helping someone else solve a problem and at the same time develop my ability to film and edit videos.

When I first started my videos were horribly lit and I just posted without even editing them. Now I have lights and editing software so I can present the content in a better way.

Also remember it takes time for people to find your content and the algorithm to properly link your videos with people who want your content. It takes time but it will get there.

chileno0826

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Motivation! Putting out content that you are happy with. Watching your favorite youtuber and gathering some ideas from their videos. Making and editing your own videos which is the fun par of it. It just comes down to time and patients.