• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Youtube Earnings

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Do you now or do you ever see yourself making enough just from google adsense on youtube to do this full time?

I myself dream of this. lol But I only make $25-$30 or so per month. Not sure if this may ever happen, though not quite ready to give up on the possiblity.

• Sad
Reactions: Dorine Atieno

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I do and i'm not that far off to be honest (not just with adsense though). I'm surprised by how little you make on Adsense? :neutral: With that amount of Subs, are they not engaged?? Sorry...don't mean that harshly at all. It comes from love.

I've just ticked over 3000 Subs, and i'm currently getting about 25,000 views a week. That brings me around £35-£50 UK a week. My Biggest Month was last month and that got me £187 in Ad Revenue alone. (so i think about $220 US i guess?!?)
I also make another £200 give or take, on Affiliate Income. Plus I have a couple of Online Courses too. The way Ad Revenue is going for me, I expect by the end of 2020, that could hit £500-£750 ($620-$930 US) a month. My channel is in rapid growth at the moment though, last 3 months are up a lot...simply down to the time i've managed to spend using Tubebuddy properly and retagging...redoing thumbnails...and updating descriptions.

I'm guessing, after thinking about this more, the US is super competitive through Adsense???
However, deep diving into my Analytics...
- Views in Australia give me the highest CPM.
- Then the US.
- Then the UK.
- Then Germany.

But actual Views...
- UK first
- Then Australia
- Then US

I still have my own Business. And it's a Fun Business. But my goal is to be a Full Time YouTuber by December 2021. But the growth i'm in now, I can see it happening maybe by December 2020. :eek:

Hope that helps somehow.

Reactions: golfwithjohn

GardenGal

At this point in time, I want to be able to have a supplemental source of income once I retire (which is actually not all that far off for me). So I work at this for a few years to help when I will more likely need it. :) I have another channel that brings in $100-$200 a month in Adsense, but those videos take a lot of time to film and edit. My rebooted channel has a more relaxed setup, one where I will be able post more often.

So yes, I do plan to do it full time eventually, just maybe not the way one typically thinks of it. :D

zanderlex

TubeBuddy User
I'm in the boat where if I ever get big enough, I hope to get with a network because I was banned from adsense years ago.

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I do and i'm not that far off to be honest (not just with adsense though). I'm surprised by how little you make on Adsense? :neutral: With that amount of Subs, are they not engaged?? Sorry...don't mean that harshly at all. It comes from love.

I've just ticked over 3000 Subs, and i'm currently getting about 25,000 views a week. That brings me around £35-£50 UK a week. My Biggest Month was last month and that got me £187 in Ad Revenue alone. (so i think about $220 US i guess?!?)
I also make another £200 give or take, on Affiliate Income. Plus I have a couple of Online Courses too. The way Ad Revenue is going for me, I expect by the end of 2020, that could hit £500-£750 ($620-$930 US) a month. My channel is in rapid growth at the moment though, last 3 months are up a lot...simply down to the time i've managed to spend using Tubebuddy properly and retagging...redoing thumbnails...and updating descriptions.

I'm guessing, after thinking about this more, the US is super competitive through Adsense???
However, deep diving into my Analytics...
- Views in Australia give me the highest CPM.
- Then the US.
- Then the UK.
- Then Germany.

But actual Views...
- UK first
- Then Australia
- Then US

I still have my own Business. And it's a Fun Business. But my goal is to be a Full Time YouTuber by December 2021. But the growth i'm in now, I can see it happening maybe by December 2020. :eek:

Hope that helps somehow.
That is fabulous! Is looks as if you are a planner, and know exactly what your goals are and how you are going to acheive them!!

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
OP I checked your stats via the auto Tubebuddy feature comparing mine with yours. We both are on the same boat sort of getting 30 to 40k views in last 28 days. However i got 33 usd in september uptil now thing is i got multi niche channel and some keywords might be giving me a higher cpc for advertisers. We both are sadly relying on views which should not be the case we both should be making easily 300 usd per month with 30k plus views a month easily and the issue with both our channels is keywords that are having high cpcs.
My advice to you is do some keyword research using keywordfox or adwords (Google Ads) keywords planner to find relevant keywords targetted to your niche may be you can find some keywords related to your main keywords that will pay you more than the current ones really so you can add those in all of your videos.
Luckily this will be an easy process for you since your main keyword is ASMR and by the looks of things all your 677+ videos are based on that main keyword this means you are sticking to a niche and you just need to figure out the tags which you can place in your title; description and tags area to boost your over CPC using the tools i showed you. Best of luck and please share your updated stats some where in the future.

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
www.ghananiephotography.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you now or do you ever see yourself making enough just from google adsense on youtube to do this full time?

I myself dream of this. lol But I only make $25-$30 or so per month. Not sure if this may ever happen, though not quite ready to give up on the possiblity.

I have about 2.7k subs and i make around same. I'm pushing one step at a time. Pushing towards 50$, then 100$ a month. I believe the rest will follow naturally.

cherryrose02

Subscriber Goal
I thought that like once you are monetized you can make money easily, I was wrong that i am reading your opinions it is a harder than i thought at the first time i am newly monetized and i made $31 in 3 days for this month novemver 2020 i don't know how much is the YT deduction once they go updating, one of my channel are mixed content, the other one is kid's channel. But i am hoping we all get successful

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Off adsense? Nope. But with everything combined I can see this being a real gig.

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
interesting reads, I hope we can all make it. I am far from being monetized but hope to reach it one day

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Interesting post, and also highlights the massive variances there can be between different channels. Something I have thought about before is the different channel types and where and how the ads are displayed on them. For instance, my son watches some gamer videos, and quite often the videos are interrupted with an advert. Then my wife watches some meditation videos, and these never seem to be interrupted. Could you imagine all the viewers raging if they trying to listen to some meditation and an ad comes on! Maybe ASMR is similar?

As for making a living off YouTube, I've learnt a long time ago already to not keep all your eggs in one basket, especially if that basket is owned by Google. While we are focusing on YouTube now, I'm trying to lay the ground work in a way that wont tie us to them. Like buying the domain name for the gamer tag, not using "YT" in the name on any platform as a lot of gamers do, and creating accounts on other social platforms. Down the road there will be merchandise and sponsorship options which can supplement YouTube earnings.

Benny1985

If I wanted to quit my job, I'd make a little, but my channel and job are sybiotic. I do DIY/Repairs based on stuff I get at my shop, so they're intrinsically intertwined. Its interesting when you can leverage a job into YT videos. Like others said, there's a huge variance on video type vs. revenue. DIY is on the higher end it seems. But a huge factor is who watches your videos where: If you can garner a large following in North America or Europe, its much better than if its lower-income countries. Not that they don't help - every bit does - but some countries earn 10x more revenue per ad than others, and that's a lot of ground to make up.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Why did u get banned?
"Invalid Click Activity" was a big issue back in the day and many creators (myself included) found themselves either a victim of accidentally clicking their own ads, or being falsely flagged for accidentally clicking their own ads (the issue that I had)

Not so much of an issue these days, but it was a big issue in 2015/2016. The other big problem is if you ever had your AdSense account terminated/banned (and it was mostly because of invalid click activity) they stated in their terms of service that you can NEVER have an AdSense account ever again on any other account. Also if you ever get 3 copyright strikes your YouTube account gets terminated, and that also leads to your AdSense account being terminated as well. Again, a lot of this was in 2015/2016 when there were no requirements to get into YTPP, and some people would actually troll other channels buy clicking their ads to lead to invalid click activity. It was a BIG issue back then.

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
What a great thread! It was an educational read about everyone's experience with adsense + YT monetization. Personally I hate youtube ads!!! it ruins the flow and I have to wait 6 seconds so I can quickly go back to the video. As a Golf channel, I'm thinking of creating my own merch and selling that instead of running direct ads on YT. This is still in the initial stage so no progress besides the idea. As I start buying/creating my own products, I'll be sure to update the thread