• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear 3dio

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Anyone have experience with the 3dio mic? Would you recommend anything better?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've never heard of it before. Is it new? or has it been around for a long time? (also, is it a specific ASMR mic in which case it might be a very specific mic few have had experience with)

Reactions: ASMRSadie
OP
OP
ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I think itΓÇÖs been around for a while at least a few years that I know of. Though IΓÇÖm not certain the exact time it came out. Many ASMR artists use it. ItΓÇÖs a binaural mic but I have seen non ASMR youtubers use it as well.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ahh, I did a google of it and I know the mic you speak of now. I've seen it used a fair bit but I'm not exactly sure how it would benifit non ASMR channels. I just saw the price! OUCH! Um... maybe see if you can get similar results out of other microphones. You probably want omni directional mics and I think BlueYeti's have the features probably.

Or... to get the two ear sensation going... maybe hook up two seperate microphones (will still be a lot cheaper than the 1-3000 price of the 3dio), and then treat those as the two ears?

I see BlueYetis are coming up in shopping searches next to 3dio so I guess that would be a good cost effective alternative.