• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Changing up my gaming videos

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: BaldBoldBear
Title of thread: Changing up my gaming videos
Self review: So right now i feel as if although ive been creating content around one single game as of now i feel as if i've been changing up the way i edit these videos essentially every single video, so im pretty happy to how im evolving in terms of editing but it would be awesome to get feedback from my recent video as i feel like i am satisfied with the process and overall editing after 10 uploads so i just wanted to get some feedback overall. many thanks!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl6fr8DgBxM

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25234/

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I really like this video! My only suggestion in the beginning when you are first talking with the music in the background would be to have the music a little lower than your talking. Otherwise I think you are off to a great start! I can definitely see growth potential in your channel.

Reactions: BaldBoldBear

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @BaldBoldBear fellow gamer.

Welcome to YouTube gamers club. Always cool to see another gaming channel. Let me start by saying that I'll try to give my opinion on your video based on what can be improved from my point of view and not based on the kind of video style I enjoy because it's not fair to judge your style if your goal is to find an audience that enjoys your style.

First, I think you have a pretty good way of presenting yourself in your videos. You not only enjoy the games you play but you're genuine and not someone trying too hard to seem entertaining. Your editing style is interesting and well done. Not my kind of editing but if it works for you that's great. Your audio is also great.

The only thing I noticed is your thumbnails. The logo for the game seems a bit dark because of the image behind the name of the game. The only reason it seems like an issue to me is that thumbnails tend to be small on a PC browser and thus the image is very compact. Maybe it's just me being a little picky. Other than that you got yourself a pretty good video there.

Reactions: BaldBoldBear
OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I really like this video! My only suggestion in the beginning when you are first talking with the music in the background would be to have the music a little lower than your talking. Otherwise I think you are off to a great start! I can definitely see growth potential in your channel.
I honestly really do appreciate that! Okay perfect! I'll take that on board and I'll do just that for my future videos, thank you for the feedback it really is helpful!

OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello @BaldBoldBear fellow gamer.

Welcome to YouTube gamers club. Always cool to see another gaming channel. Let me start by saying that I'll try to give my opinion on your video based on what can be improved from my point of view and not based on the kind of video style I enjoy because it's not fair to judge your style if your goal is to find an audience that enjoys your style.

First, I think you have a pretty good way of presenting yourself in your videos. You not only enjoy the games you play but you're genuine and not someone trying too hard to seem entertaining. Your editing style is interesting and well done. Not my kind of editing but if it works for you that's great. Your audio is also great.

The only thing I noticed is your thumbnails. The logo for the game seems a bit dark because of the image behind the name of the game. The only reason it seems like an issue to me is that thumbnails tend to be small on a PC browser and thus the image is very compact. Maybe it's just me being a little picky. Other than that you got yourself a pretty good video there.
Thank you for having me in the YouTube gamers club!

I really do appreciate that, thank you! That's what gaming is about at the end of the day, we have to enjoy what we play - i decided to try out a new editing style for this video so thank you for the feedback on it! I guess I'll find different ways to change it up for each video. Audio was one of my worries most definitely, so that's good to hear!

I think I'll have to revise how to make that logo more apparent on the thumbnail, maybe I can brighten it up so that it stands out a bit more from the thumbnail and maybe I should utilise brighter images instead of the darker ones to stand out as well. Haha picky is good as its very helpful to gain an in depth analysis - I appreciate all the feedback! Will do my best to take it on board for future videos!

OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
it's good to change it up to figure out what works best!
Yeah I agree it's definitely a good thing to keep experimenting with my content I just don't want it to be for the worse. Thank you for that though, it's a great tip to keep in mind always!