• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Channel Category 'Entertainment'

Dart888

Hi, I am a visual artist and have been uploading all videos to date under the category 'Entertainment'. I really don't consider this category a very good fit, nevertheless it is the best of those that are available and I also selected this category when I created my channel. The issue I have is that Entertainment does not suit as a parent category for Visual Arts, the term itself seems so broad as to be little use as any kind of filter. I think it would be good if YouTube could really Visual Arts as a top level category to balance with other major categories such as Music.

From a quick search I believe the Category usage is limited for tubers but is nevertheless used in certain background searches as well as having implications for monetisation. Can anyone advise how other visual artists are handling this please?

Regards

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I know artist channels set their video's category under Howto & Style. Though I suppose their work is more focused on how to draw better :thinking:

Reactions: Dart888
OP
OP
Dart888

Dart888

Thanks. I did consider that too as I intend to create a playlist about material and techniques, so will use this category for those videos.