• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips worst place to promote in your experience

dean the rat

Known Member
so across all social media platforms what do you avoid with a passion, for me its snapchat, i feel the world worst people are on their, hateful, disrespectful people overflow snapchat, send a snap of a cute pet and i get bashed in all ways by people

610 Hustles

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Don't know if it would be considered "social media" but I feel it is reddit, I have posted on there multiple times about new videos and get no acknowledgement

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
Don't know if it would be considered "social media" but I feel it is reddit, I have posted on there multiple times about new videos and get no acknowledgement
i have reddit dont really use it along with tumblr, ifunny, and other not really social media platforms

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
For me I don't like LinkedIn so much. It seems like it should be a great place to talk and discuss things, but people just spam their sales schemes there.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I read "worst place to promote yourself" and thought to myself "probably at the bottom of the ocean, in a volcano, or somewhere where no one will see the promotion :p " then I saw you were talking about social media.

I'd say facebook. I haven't used facebook in a long time so I may be wrong, but before YouTube I'd try to use it, and noticed you'd only ever get "pushed" if you paid for promotion. There seemed to be nothing organic to it.

I also don't like how private and personal facebook is. I grew up with facebook being for direct family and your closest friends, somewhere where you share your family stories and private life. Why would I want to promote there? You don't market to your friends, you market to potential customers. so I don't like the mixing of personal and public so that's why I'm like "nope" to facebook.

I like being where I know my "promotions" belong and bring value.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Probably Facebook - they really don't seem to like YouTube. I own a group with over 250,000 members but it only seems to push a handful of people ... pretty disappointing
Yep, out of all the followers and I'd MAYBE get 1 like if I was lucky. Pay for engagement it seems, otherwise facebook makes sure no one will see your content.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The worst place to promote is everywhere people hate ads, why would they like yours? haha

more serious, I would say anywhere that it wasn't warranted to be shared.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree with @Andrew in that wherever you are going to promote your work you need to do so correctly. Don't just jump into any forum or group and start posting blatant, spammy links to your videos, that is going to get you nowhere fast. I have had a LOT of success becoming a member of several forums. I am there to be a part of their community and try to add value and substance to their community... and then occasionally I'll post a video. For starters it doesn't feel like spam when you are ingrained in the community that is already there, but it also allows them to get to know you. The more they know you the more they will be invested in your work. Now suddenly I am finding myself with a lot to say about this... I'll probably go ahead and do a separate post cuz I am super long-winded on the subject.

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me I don't like LinkedIn so much. It seems like it should be a great place to talk and discuss things, but people just spam their sales schemes there.
LinkedIn turned into Facebook now. :joy:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I just did a post with my thoughts... had to throw LinkedIn on there. That's a weird one @LiftToEAT

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
It could be that you're not invested in their communities, so why should they care about you?

I do agree with the point that Reddit is a bad place to advertise, mainly because they don't like it when you advertise. And it's a double-edged sword. It could give you views, but it could be the kind that you don't want.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would say paid ads are the worst because you pay to get noticed by a lot of people and some people tend to skip those. I prefer being organic on views and not rely on ads.