• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Famebit Shuttering Part of it's Service

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Famebit used to be so cool to make a few extra $$. Then, just like any other service that gets bought out, went to heck in a bandhasket.

Just got the email that FB is closing the "Proposal" section of the service, and only catering to creators 25k or better. If you have any sponsor dollars on this site, you have to close it out by July 31st, 2020.

I pretty much stopped using the service about 3 years ago. Like I said - it was great to get a couple review products and get paid for the review. After 2016, it was either too saturated with underbids trying to get free crap, or the vendors didn't care about their listings, and the proposals expired.

My last sponsored post, I didn't get paid for a whole year. The vendor flaked out on the deal and luckily Famebit stepped in to make it right.

I am guessing their doing like the YT 1,000-4000 hour rule - weeding it out so they can make some quality buys. My channel will most likely be at 25k sometime in the next year or two, but I make my sponsor dollars beyond the Youtube infrastructure.

I do miss the days where you worked directly with the companies. Some still do it, but it's getting tougher when staff changes and they decide to go with a non-personal strategy.

BTW - Here is the email I got today:

We wanted to let you know about some changes that are coming to FameBit.com. Currently, FameBit offers two services:​
1.​
a self service website at FameBit.com that allows creators to independently find brands to work with, submit deal proposals, and complete their campaigns​
2.​
a full service program where our team of experts proactively matches creators with brands and provides end-to-end campaign management and delivery​
We've been focused on building the best branded content offering for creators, brands and viewers. Our full service program has new features like shopping shelf, organic measurement tools, and audience-based matchmaking. The full service program is working well for creators and brands - weΓÇÖve seen that creators earn 30 times more from full service deals than from self service deals, and self service represents only 4% of total FameBit payouts to creators. Because creators and brands are more successful with our full service program, weΓÇÖre going to further invest in full service as part of YouTubeΓÇÖs commitment to branded content. As we continue to expand and evolve our full service offering, weΓÇÖll be closing FameBitΓÇÖs self service website. Read more here.​
Starting July 31st, 2020, we will no longer offer the self service website and you will no longer have access to your account at FameBit.com.
We know that change takes adjustment, and are here to support you during this transition. We will be making a courtesy payment matching the previous 3 months of earnings for creators who have made any money on the self-service website in that time period. More payment details here.
How else does this impact you?
ΓÇó​
On June 1st, 2020: You will no longer be able to submit new proposals on the FameBit.com website, and the FameBit mobile app will be disabled.​
ΓÇó​
On July 31st, 2020: All campaigns will be closed, and any unfinished campaigns will be refunded.​
ΓÇó​
You must claim any outstanding balances: If you have any pending payments in your account, please be sure to complete your payment information to claim your balance. Not sure how to start? Find all your payment questions answered here.​
ΓÇó​
As a reminder: Sponsored content disclosure requirements by the FTC apply to all branded content videos on YouTube, including FameBit. For more information on how you can use our paid product placement feature for a text disclosure, see here, but note that the FTC also requires verbal disclosures.​
Our full service offering is available in YouTube Studio and open to eligible Creators with 25K subscribers or more; currently, you do not meet the 25k subscriber requirement. Please check out our Creator Academy courses to continue building and growing your fan base and channel. We look forward to seeing you on FameBitΓÇÖs full service program soon!​

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Famebit used to be so cool to make a few extra $$. Then, just like any other service that gets bought out, went to heck in a bandhasket.

Just got the email that FB is closing the "Proposal" section of the service, and only catering to creators 25k or better. If you have any sponsor dollars on this site, you have to close it out by July 31st, 2020.

I pretty much stopped using the service about 3 years ago. Like I said - it was great to get a couple review products and get paid for the review. After 2016, it was either too saturated with underbids trying to get free crap, or the vendors didn't care about their listings, and the proposals expired.

My last sponsored post, I didn't get paid for a whole year. The vendor flaked out on the deal and luckily Famebit stepped in to make it right.

I am guessing their doing like the YT 1,000-4000 hour rule - weeding it out so they can make some quality buys. My channel will most likely be at 25k sometime in the next year or two, but I make my sponsor dollars beyond the Youtube infrastructure.

I do miss the days where you worked directly with the companies. Some still do it, but it's getting tougher when staff changes and they decide to go with a non-personal strategy.

BTW - Here is the email I got today:

Dang so sorry this is changing. I remember when it use to be much better, but as you said when things get bought out the quality can falter :/

Reactions: Jeffrey Powers