• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Educational Channel Popped in to say hi!

silverboxmultimedia

User name: silverboxmultimedia
Title of introduction: Popped in to say hi!
Your name/ Alias: Silverbox Multimedia
Where are you from? Brighton, England
How did you find TubeBuddy? Via Youtube. Endorsements by some influencers I have been watching
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I'm keen to learn as much as I can and so far the free preview of tubebuddy was really helpful. I upgraded to the basic account and it has been twice as useful. I figure the forums are the next development tool I need to get the most from my account.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: We have always been a face to face teaching business. COVID-19 has made us shrink back into the shadows a bit and we are trying to find ways to bring ourselves back out into the light.
I represent at least 5 other tutors who are all in the same boat as me and I am trying to lead the way to find a new way of working for us all.
Our first goal is to continue reaching out to our current students.
Our second goal is to find new potential students that would like to join us once all the COVID-19 madness is done with.
Our third goal is to become monitised on Youtube and keep this going as an additional income source.
How frequently do you upload? We try to upload every weekday. We post most of our content on our main channel and then we have some content for younger viewers that goes up on our second account.
What are your hobbies? Honestly, running my business and managing the artists that make our work possible is what I get the most joy out of. When I'm not doing that I tend to just be waiting until I can do some more of it.
Otherwise a little gaming here and there.
What is your biggest dream? To have a team of artists working with me to deliver amazing workshops and video content to people all over the world...and I can buy a mansion with the proceeds :)
YouTube Channel Link: www.youtube.com/silverboxmultimedia

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Welcome @silverboxmultimedia I'm a newbie to the Forum too. Also UK. Up in Cambridge, but the cool thing is, we've got a Direct Train down to Brighton, so i'm normally down once a month to soak up the Sun and Beach Front Bars through the week. Mobile Office and all that. Hope you learn a bit via TubeBuddy. I've been a Star Member for a while. Upped to Legend. Dropped to Pro. all like a Yo-Yo. But it's been the last 3 months that I've really "got it" and it's all starting to come together. Good luck with your channel! ️

OP
OP
silverboxmultimedia

silverboxmultimedia

Hey Steve,

Thanks for dropping me a message.
Love the channel. I'm going to take a much closer look in a moment as I can see the subject matter of your channel is going to keep me busy for a fair while this afternoon.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out? We've had our channel for years but I have only decided to make a go of it in the last month or so.
Was there anything that you did that you thought "I wish I had been doing that from day 1"?

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out too!

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Literally understanding Search, and the SEO Strategy. I targeted too many Keywords in the early videos. (even videos from 3 months ago) but now i've gone back through and updated the back end. I now get it...get how to Tag up a video properly and seeing the results. Always think what the viewer wants...so make sure those tags are relevant to that specific search and variations of...

Reactions: silverboxmultimedia
OP
OP
silverboxmultimedia

silverboxmultimedia

Literally understanding Search, and the SEO Strategy. I targeted too many Keywords in the early videos. (even videos from 3 months ago) but now i've gone back through and updated the back end. I now get it...get how to Tag up a video properly and seeing the results. Always think what the viewer wants...so make sure those tags are relevant to that specific search and variations of...
That's good to know. I spend everyday at the moment trying to get better at exactly that so I'm glad I'm on the right track. Any videos or forums in particular you found particularly helpful?

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Not really... I do LOVE a Forum. So hopefully this will work out. I've been in a couple of Faceache groups...and literally started a Mastermind group too for 8 of us. But up to now, it's very much Auditory. So Podcasts. TubeBuddy Express, YouTube Creators Hub, Think Marketing (Sean Cannell) and the Engage Video Marketing Podcast. Although that last one is more Marketing than Doing. The Tubebuddy YouTube Channel is great too... but for some reason i always interpreted the "How to do it" totally wrong. As i say, 12-18 months of learning this stuff, it's only really sunk in for some stupid reason. Seems so obvious now. But Targeting Keywords that i thought are relevant...that are actually really not, hasn't really helped me. For example... adding a "Cocktail" or "Cocktails at home" Tag to a "How to make an Espresso Martini" Video isn't how to do it!

OP
OP
silverboxmultimedia

silverboxmultimedia

That's interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go back and take a look at what I have been doing to see if I fell into similar traps.
Good luck with it all. I'm now a sub for your channel so I will keep an eye on things and see what you're doing right (So I can steal it HAHAHA!).
Love the set you shoot your vids on. I need me one of those

• Love
Reactions: Steve the Barman