• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question updating an online video

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
If I wish to change say the music track on a video I have published, but has already got views etc, is there a way I can update it without losing the original (I have the video project saved on my PC, so altering it will not be hard) as I don;t want it to be seen as a NEW film of lose it's subscriber hours etc

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I tried this with a couple of videos as I wanted to add an intro and outro to my sons videos but I couldn't insert it in the YouTube editor. I had to download the video edit it and upload it again and of course it shows as a new video. In the end I have just sacked the idea of having an intro/ outro on my sons videos!

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
If I wish to change say the music track on a video I have published, but has already got views etc, is there a way I can update it without losing the original (I have the video project saved on my PC, so altering it will not be hard) as I don;t want it to be seen as a NEW film of lose it's subscriber hours etc
Currently, you can only add backing music or change it out altogether for one available on YouTube ΓÇö you can't add your own new audio, unfortunately. I wish we could!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

No the way it works is that you can add music on top of what is there, but you can't post and not lose the original. That wouldn't work well on YouTube. People could change top ranking videos with messages, plugs, etc and wouldn't work well.

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
No the way it works is that you can add music on top of what is there, but you can't post and not lose the original. That wouldn't work well on YouTube. People could change top ranking videos with messages, plugs, etc and wouldn't work well.
Thanks for this information! I was able to add the free videos available that YT provided. It was super easy. The only thing was to find the perfect sound track was difficult as it wasn't really my style. But its better than nothing!

The step to do this is
1. Go to Studio
2. Click the Video you wish to change
3. Go to the Editor
4. From there, there's a music note icon and click the plus icon next to it.
5. Search for the music you like, and hover over that line and on the right side you should see another ( + )

Note: Once you add music to your video you can shorten it to only show in certain sections but you can't extend the music or repeat it. Make sure you pick a soundtrack that is long enough.