• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice MacBook pro

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use iPad and iPhone for everything so my problem is the fact that I cannot access all the features using straight website. Will I have the same problem with a Mac book laptop or can I access website easily from this or will the laptop keep reverting to the app. IΓÇÖm an apple girl so it was going to be a toss upbetween MSI OR MACBOOK please any advice on this would be great IΓÇÖm finding the inability to access features frustrating to say the least

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
If you're already an Apple devotee, then a macbook pro will serve you very well as it will play nicely with your existing kit. If you're looking for a macbook, make sure you check the Apple refurb store, you'll get a machine for a nice discount. They come with 1 year Apple warrenty as standard. BUT do pay attention to the specs if you're intending to edit video. You need a decent graphics card in there. Do you know what software you intend to use for editing?

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you're already an Apple devotee, then a macbook pro will serve you very well as it will play nicely with your existing kit. If you're looking for a macbook, make sure you check the Apple refurb store, you'll get a machine for a nice discount. They come with 1 year Apple warrenty as standard. BUT do pay attention to the specs if you're intending to edit video. You need a decent graphics card in there. Do you know what software you intend to use for editing?
No I donΓÇÖt but advice would be great on what will run the best. I have a 3000 budget so want to know if I can access all the YT studio features and TubeBuddy features I can't use on regular iPad and phone itΓÇÖs been ver frustrating

Are you using Chrome with the Tubebuddy extension installed?
No itΓÇÖs the mobile app, which I upgraded. Both my iPad and phone wonΓÇÖt let me access either of these websites it reverts to the app all the time or says it doesnΓÇÖt support it. This. Is where apple products can be infuriating

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A desktop/laptop is going to be able to access all the features through your browser. Just don't use safari as I discovered. Chrome or Firefox works well.
Yes apparently itΓÇÖs the safari browser that causes a lot of issues I already use Firefox I seem to have issues with chrome

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes apparently itΓÇÖs the safari browser that causes a lot of issues I already use Firefox I seem to have issues with chrome
Chrome is unfortunatly a very bad browser now. I read it's because it individualises resources to each tab, which in theory is good because because if one tab crashes, the others should remain okay, but this really raises the ram useage. 16gb or ram gets eaten up pretty quickly with chrome when it was ORIGINALLY designed to be a thinned down bare bones alternative to internet explorer and firefox.

Firefox is fantasitc, so is safari. I haven't used a macbook pro in a while, but I hear they're all USB C based which is pretty good, and they'll all link up nicely.

Once safari and firefox on iOS allows plugins, there'll be even less reason to use computers at all. but until then, you can run web browsers on any budget computer. It's only if you want to do more where you'll need to concern yourself with ram, processors and upgrades.

• Love
Reactions: TakeEachDay
OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I
Chrome is unfortunatly a very bad browser now. I read it's because it individualises resources to each tab, which in theory is good because because if one tab crashes, the others should remain okay, but this really raises the ram useage. 16gb or ram gets eaten up pretty quickly with chrome when it was ORIGINALLY designed to be a thinned down bare bones alternative to internet explorer and firefox.

Firefox is fantasitc, so is safari. I haven't used a macbook pro in a while, but I hear they're all USB C based which is pretty good, and they'll all link up nicely.

Once safari and firefox on iOS allows plugins, there'll be even less reason to use computers at all. but until then, you can run web browsers on any budget computer. It's only if you want to do more where you'll need to concern yourself with ram, processors and upgrades.
t will
Also need to be my editing laptop too

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use both a Windows laptop and a mac, and as far as I'm concerned, I have no problems using one over the other.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I use a Toshiba Windows laptop with the Firefox Browser and I also use Adobe Premier Pro for editing Videos and it all works Good. The only issue i get sometimes is that SEO Studio glitches out sometimes. But there is a whole different thread about that!!