• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question broadcasting/streaming

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
Looking for some advice/feedback on streaming software. OBS and Ecamm Live are the two choices I'm looking at. Specifically I want to make a Skype (or facetime,etc) call and have the ability to record the call and also show split screen, or picture in picture of the person I'm interacting with. II want to footage to be recorded so that. can post edit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding the 2 platforms? Thank you.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The only one I've played around with is StreamYard..
You can stream live on both YouTube and Facebook at the same time, getting comments from both.
Haven't tried but apparently you can use it to record split screen interviews etc without streaming so you can still edit and upload later.

OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Thanks. I've had Vmix recommended too now. I think the Ecamm Live looks good for entry level, and I'm not intending to stream live, so I may give it a try. I've played with the trial software and it's impressive.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
Looking for some advice/feedback on streaming software. OBS and Ecamm Live are the two choices I'm looking at. Specifically I want to make a Skype (or facetime,etc) call and have the ability to record the call and also show split screen, or picture in picture of the person I'm interacting with. II want to footage to be recorded so that. can post edit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding the 2 platforms? Thank you.

Both of those work well! Depends what you want to do? I routed streamyard through OBS for our charity stream and that let me do both :D

Reactions: Skillay
OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Okay. I went with Ecamm Live today and an initial test call was very good. It seems to be a really good entry level platform and the customer support was excellent.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm doing a bit more testing seems I'll be getting back into streaming. I thought Ecamm was mac specific, but I may be wrong. OBS is somewhat resource intensive and people have been having more and more problems with it. I've been hearing more about streamyard which is brower based it seems, so I'll be interested to see how that goes.

I've used OBS and streamlabs in the past. When they worked, they worked increadibly well. but they can have audio issues as @Andrew found at the start of the TubeBuddy 24 hour stream. Some issues aren't resolvable without just straight up refreshing. No rhyme or reason, that's just how OBS likes to not work these days. I still have the issue when recording with it.

OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I'm using Ecamm Live today to record a Skype interview (the main purpose I wanted it) So I'll let you know when that footage is up on the channel. The interface is very clean and I feel it's perfect for entry level. The level of support is first class and they have a wealth of video tutorials to explain everything. It would appear to have the main features that I require. I'll take a look at streamyard as you suggest. Many thanks.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm using Ecamm Live today to record a Skype interview (the main purpose I wanted it) So I'll let you know when that footage is up on the channel. The interface is very clean and I feel it's perfect for entry level. The level of support is first class and they have a wealth of video tutorials to explain everything. It would appear to have the main features that I require. I'll take a look at streamyard as you suggest. Many thanks.

That's awesome! It is important for anyone wondering to know that Ecamm is only for Mac users :)

Reactions: AurigaDave

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great topic as I'm looking to get into interviews with a few people and want to be able to record for posting!